Mom and Dad's Christmas bikes (DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very well done! They will get many a compliment when they ride them. Which will fill them with pride knowing their son was the one that did such an amazing job on the bikes.
Great job!

GORGEOUS!..........Truly works of ART!

Thanks so much, this project has been a lot of fun, I know my folk's will love the bikes. Sometime today I will try and get a side by side pic.

The paint is PPG base coat - clearcoat. I probably have a little over $100 in materials, and sprayed it in the garage... no paint booth.

As for it being a work of art... I agree. but all I did was give them a new life with some fresh colors. It really makes me appreciate old bikes and how manufacturer's designed some really cool stuff way back then. The workmanship on the Hawthorne frame seemed like it was handbuilt (not a bad thing at all) after I got the old paint and rust off, there was a lot of brass slop and splatter on various parts of the frame. I could have smoothed this all off... but I left it on there. I figure if it has been there for this long, why remove it? It definetly has character.

The UPS guy showed up last night with the dropstand. Still need to fab up the clip. I should be able to get it done today.

Ok side by side pics as promised, My folks will be by later today. Ill try and get some pics of them when they first see the bikes.

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

Here's the pics of my Folk's as they first saw their new bikes, my Mom was very excited, my Dad really didnt show much emotion, but I could tell he loved them. They were VERY surprised to say the least :shock:

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

My Mom even hopped on and took a short ride.

All in all Im glad I got them done in time, that project kicked my beep!

Thanks for coming along for the ride!

Well sir that is a very wonderful thing you've accomplished. It's great to see your mom taking hers for a spin right away! Great job on the bikes. :D

They look good, glad they liked them, sorry to hear about that but seems like a strong man to get through a bout of cancer and hope he has some more good years ahead for him.

Back