Monarch Replica Fork question

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys~

I'm interested in getting one for my cruiser but I was wondering, would the fork fit a 26 x 2.125 tyre? Also, does the springs actually work? It seems to me that it is just for the look and doesn't actually function.
Hope someone would enlighten me. :oops:
Thanks.

Cheers~! 8)
Merv.

Here's a picture of it :

2796_pd10028.jpg

They look cool, but really serve no purpose. I've owned a pair and was not impressed. You're better off finding an original springer.

Oh i see.. thanks alot for both of your replies! It really helped me very much! I guess i'll just find a 26" springer fork. :)
Thanks alot once again!
God Bless.

Cheers~
Merv.

yeah, there kinda all show and no go.....hers what happen to mine about two weeks worth of riding time on my burritto....

REPOPBENT3.jpg

RE-POPBENT2.jpg

RE-POPBENT1.jpg

good thing i still got my teeth...........i was flyin down hill pretty fast.....when i got to the bottom the forks gave....

ouch! :shock: That has gotta hurt. Thanks for your input too! I very VERY nearly wanted to order one yesterday. But something told me to ask around in RRB. haha once again, a big thank you to everyone! :D

Cheers~! 8)
Merv.

Yes, at first glance they do look great. But if I knew then what I know now I would have never got them.
They are not meant for any sort of raked out angle, as they are fragile. The springs do work on my bike and provide a little bit of suspension but are more for looks than anything.
I had all sorts of install problems, and had to customized and modify them a lot just to get them to fit. You can see the size of the bracket/spacer welded on under the head tube, because they didn't cut threads down far enough. Also had to grind out bigger holes for modern axle.

It's all covered in those other threads with people having similar problems.
Good luck
IMG_3003.jpg

man and i wanted to get some of them.. oh well ill just make my own, like i do with everything else.. 8)

SEE that is exactly what happened to the two that i installed and later failed. it is because the legs are tack welded on four sides where they meet the top crown. and on a bike with any sort of rake this is what happens. the company thought i was nuts when i told them that i had two that had failed and sent me new main legs that were just like the ones that failed. i tossed them into the garbage. but you guys have seen my personal fix for these forks and once you do that they work ok. still not as active as a schwinn type springer but at least you get to keep your teeth!! :shock:

Back