Monark + 24" Fatti-Os + red rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an orphaned Monark and I'm just itching to fit a set of 24" x 3 white wall Fatti-Os on it. I also like the look of Felt red rims, but I don't like the price of buying complete wheels ($99) that I would end up relacing to use vintage hubs anyway.

Does anybody think or know if the Fatti-Os will fit the Monark frame? I assume the the front is ok by looking at Uncle Stretch's 26 x 3 on his Monark forks.

Anyone have a line on 24" red rims? Or will I end up painting or powdercoating 9 dollar rims from bikepartsusa?

Pictures of the bike

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

I would be concerned with the 24x3 fitting the fork. I know with the replica monark forks, it doesn't work that well. I had to heat and flatten the tubing towards the top to get my thick brick to fit. It would suck to have to do that to an original.

Thanks cman, I forgot about the thread with the measurements. I'll go measure my fork and chain stays later today.

Does anyone know where to scoop a red rim that isn't 99 dollars?

Thanks again Clancy.

Yea B, I saw that tank, very tempting. I'm considering it

B607, I'm gonna pass on that tank for now, but thanks for the screaming deal.

I've checked out a ton of 24" red rims for sale and around the web. The felt rims are expensive, but they are by far the nicest looking rims out there. I think I'm going to plunk down for them.

I also saw another 24 x 3 w/w tire by nirve called the fat-.... Anyone have experience with these dough-nuts?

... is a curse? Absurd.

2015rat0003-3.jpg

Hey Larry, where'd u score the red rim? Is that one of those felt jobs?

I'm looking for a 26" red set for my Electra, but I want to keep the 3 speed Shimano rear hub.

Back