Monark Sparker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at yours, I realise that I really should polish my rear hub too...

I love your rear wheel and tire combination!
Thanks man!
I Just removed the sticker, cleaned it and polished it with universal chrome polish😅
You are making some progress on Ten Turing too, i like the way you are going with it! If you ever need something Just let me know!

Last edited:
I didn't like the pedals i wanted to use so i started diggin the parts pile.
These are the old.
IMG_20210707_210136664_HDR.jpg

I Just knew a had some bmx style pedals somewhere.
IMG_20210707_210144258_HDR.jpg

Removed the reflectors and gave them a good cleaning.
IMG_20210707_210747341.jpg

Maybe i will respray them later on, but for now i'm happy with it😌
IMG_20210707_210751927.jpg

I actually quite like the look of such shinscrapers, but I don't think I will use them again. I had them a few times in the shins, then they cut through the soles of a cheap pairs of sneakers in no time.
I am curious how you will mount the auto shifter. I realized that it is supposed to be bolted to the opening for the kickstand between the chainstays with the front bracket. My bike doesn't have that, it comes with a Schwinn type kickstand. I see your doesn't have that mount opening either.

Love that fat wheelset in there. Digging the drop seatpost too. Never seen one in person, but seems like a cool way to get the low for show, up for go rolling.

I actually quite like the look of such shinscrapers, but I don't think I will use them again. I had them a few times in the shins, then they cut through the soles of a cheap pairs of sneakers in no time.
I am curious how you will mount the auto shifter. I realized that it is supposed to be bolted to the opening for the kickstand between the chainstays with the front bracket. My bike doesn't have that, it comes with a Schwinn type kickstand. I see your doesn't have that mount opening either.
Yes they will cut you! I rode bmx for some years, you don't want to see my legs🙈

Normally it indeed is mounted on the kick stand bolt
I want to mount it on the lower legs of the frame. Like this. Maybe a bit forward, haven't figured that out yet. I preferably like to use the chaingaurd tab for it. This will require some redneck fabrication😅
IMG_20210708_170608697.jpg

I think my electronic shifter is broken😭
But i'm not giving it up yet... Still hot a few tricks up my sleeve to get the sucker working🧐

Finally had the time to weld the fork tube totdat.
Converted from threadless to threaded and added a inch since it was too short. I just cut and welded it, normally i would add a insert but the inside diameter was too small. I didn't have the right size. The tube was about 1,5 mm thick, so enough to properly weld at high Amos and i'm sure it won't break.
IMG_20210722_210748783.jpg

I grinded it down to make it smooth again.
Since i was doing stuff i also removed the paint and gave it a fresh coat of black.

IMG_20210722_210752802_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210722_213055966.jpg
IMG_20210722_213419585.jpg

I also already added a layer of clear for some extra shine. Tommorow i will check if it needs another layer, i think it does. 😌

This will require some redneck fabrication😅

Cool hearing this from someone in Holland. :D We call that Redneck Engineering here in the South. I may have a BSEE, but during the build off I proudly rely on my BSRE degree to get me through. :D
Good luck figuring out the autoshifter issues.

I did a quick mockup totdat since i got my fork painted
IMG_20210725_204511929.jpg
IMG_20210725_204521765.jpg
IMG_20210725_204530800.jpg

I was looking for nuts in nu parts stash and i found these cool wing nuts😍
IMG_20210725_204525892.jpg

A few things left to do:

Upgrading the hardware of the fork.
The bolts are kinda rusty...

Maybe paint the handle bar and springs black.

Figuring out the electronic shifting or mount a suicide shifter. That depends on getting the electronic shifting working or not.

Looking for grips.

Deciding on mounting the chainguard or not.

And of course a saddle🤔

Latest posts

Back