Monark Thunderbird

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late 50's Monark Thunderbird....kinda went nuts and stripped it. All new chrome, new seat, new bars, fat whites....had to give it to my wife after she test rode it for me after the build......headlight still functions, lens was intact!

100_0282.jpg

100_0286.jpg

100_0284.jpg

100_0287.jpg

100_0283.jpg

No rattle can on this one.....I got crazy and sent it to my body shop....the color is 2004 Mazda RX-8 Performance Blue.....the closest I could find to the original color of the bike......and lots of metallic sparkle.

Nice bike! Luv the color. 8)

yeah, Monark had its "own" tank light....quite a bit wider than most that I find.......

this is the next Monark I plan to start on very soon.....mens version, same vintage. I might have to change it to a later style Monark tank, as the lense just fell apart when I tore this one down.
REDMONARK1.jpg

yeah, the tank bikes get me every time, especially when the light and lense are intact....I buy way to many of 'em....if the wife ever knew how many I really have......I'd be toast!

Back