Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 'old school' piece arrived today, chrome 27.2 layback seatpost. Pushed all the way down, it's the perfect height for me. BONUS! Now as soon as the 28.6 it 27.2 shim arrives I can actually ride it! hahahahahahaha! Too bad the stem pad didn't fit...... :(

DSCF3802_zpsdad4e3de.jpg

DSCF3801_zpsc5bfdd4e.jpg

DSCF3800_zps43a1f831.jpg

Just waiting for the BB tools to arrive from Taipei to install the sealed bearings... gonna use the stock crankset for now, will probably strip the black paint off. I think a 'chrome' one would have more of a BMX look to it.

Til then,
Cheers,
Dr. T

I just want to see you try to do a bunny hop on it when it's done. :lol:

Reminds me of that Saturday Night Live skit where the weightlifter's arms come off when trying to do the power lift. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's true, the laidback seatpost helps 100% It's just right. With the Dyno bars and big seat I might not do anything else but ride it. Still waiting on a 20 tooth sprocket, all I or the shops have are 18 and 22.

k2ct4m.jpg

Hey Fellas i guess im a proud member of the Beast club. :mrgreen: This is why my Wife shouldnt send me to Wally World at 9:00 on a Fri night.As soon as I walked up and saw how big they are in person You know I had to buy one!They had green and red one of each so I chose red.I changed the bars anp de stickerd as soon as I pulled it out of the truck.I have a chrome layback seat post for it and im going to paint the wheels black and roll it around.here it is so far

Rat Rod said:
Saw this Facebook ad today. :lol:

screenshot20130419at954.png

Facebook uses cookies dropped on your computer from other sites to target ads to you, so if you browsed the Walmart site for that bike, that's why it showed up as an ad in Facebook. Happens to me all the time.

That write-up is hilarious!!!

smithd_13_04_20_img_7539.jpg

Latest posts

Back