Monson Scenery changed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Today I took a ride thru Monson MA where a Tornado went thru around a month ago, I drove by Town Hall where the Bike Meet is and was shocked and saddened to see the trees I have set up under were GONE. The town really got hit hard and the damage is visible all around the center of town. It was quite a sad and heartbreakin scene. I did not get any pics of the town hall, but here some previous ones that show the trees where we all met under that are just stumps now. Most of the windows are all boarded up also

Monson2011027.jpg

Monson2011023.jpg

Thats bad news for the Town of Monson. The town hall was an amazing building with all the granite block and oversize panel doors. I hope they can bring it back, both for the swap and for the overall benefit to the town.

Yeah, it's a sad sight. I went through there last week, trees down everywhere, buildings boarded up, and a couple crushed cars.

Those pics are from the swap meet in March. The majority of it took place inside, that's the overflow of vendors. Those trees are now gone and the building is boarded up. Don't be envious, Tailwinds..It was 102 here yesterday.

And it may again... this was posted this afternoon, July 26th, affecting the same areas:

"Springfield, Mass. (AP) — Strong storms have struck some areas in western Massachusetts that were hit by June tornadoes, and tornado warnings have been issued but none have been reported.

The National Weather Service issued tornado warnings Tuesday afternoon based on radar images for parts of Hamden and Worcester counties, and adjacent areas of northern Connecticut. The warnings were in effect until about 5:30 p.m. The National Weather Service said funnel clouds have been seen, but no touchdowns confirmed. There have been reports of tree and power line damage.

Several towns from Springfield eastward to Monson and Brimfield were struck by tornadoes June that killed 3 people and caused millions in damage."

Lets all hope there is no repeat of the June disasters. :(

--Rob

Back