Monthly Rat Rod Rendezvous - PICS ADDED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
pour.jpg

Since we got banned from formally participating in the Collingswood Cruise In (thanks car guys), we needed another venue to annoy people.

I spoke with the GM (Raymo) at the Pour House in Westmont NJ and pitched the idea of having us meet in front of the joint on the 3rd Thursday of each month, which purposely coincides ( 8) with Collingswood's Cruise Night.

He's gonna give us 2 tables to hang out at in front of the place. Waitress staff will serve food and drink.

Plans are to meet there at 7:30, but some may want to meet earlier at the Collingswood Cruise in at 6:00 and then ride over later. Both venues are on Haddon Avenue and only a couple miles from each other.

Our little area is behind the snow and within the garden walled patio:

100_0435-1.jpg

100_0436-2.jpg

Dates are as follows

March 24 (if too cold, we can meet inside w/o the bikes)
April 21
May 19
June 16
July 21
August 18
September 15
October 20

Re: 2011 Monthly Rat Rod Rendezvous starts March 24

I'll be more than happy to join anyone wanting to informally meet up at the Collingswood Cruise Night (which starts in April) at around 6-6:30. From there it's about a mile to the Pour House. Both The Cruise Night and the Pourhouse are right next to the Patco train Stations. I hope you Philly/ Jersey Ratrodbikers can join us : )

Here's a poster for the upcoming event.
MM2D.jpg

...and I know that the 24th is actually the 4th Thursday in March. Hey, nobody's perfekt! :D

One of those delicious double IPAs I had last time we were there and we're even 8)

speaking of beers, they have one of the best draft line ups around:

Mmmmm. 8)

1. Allagash White - Witbier | 5.2% ABV
2. Anderson Valley Winter Solstice - Winter Warmer | 6.9% ABV
3. BFM La Torpile - Belgian Strong Dark Ale | 7.5% ABV
4. Flying Dog Gonzo Imperial Porter - Baltic Porter | 7.8% ABv
5. Flying Fish XPA - American Pale Ale | 4.8% ABV
6. Guinness - Irish Dry Stout | 4.20% ABV
7. Ithaca Flower Power IPA - American IPA | 7.5% ABV
8. Left Hand Snow Bound Winter Ale '08 - Winter Warmer | 8.6% ABv
9. Liefmans Cuvee Brut - Lambic-Fruit | 6.0% ABV
10. Mikkeller Ris La M'ale - Fruit/Vegetable Beer | 8% ABV
11. PBC Kenzinger - Kolsch | 4.5% ABV
12. River Horse Lager - Euro Pale Lager | 5.0% ABV
13. Sly Fox Odyssey - American Double/Imperial IPA | 8.4% ABV
14. Smuttynose S'muttonator - Doppelbock | 8.5% ABV
15. Troegs Hopback- American Amber/Red Ale |6.0% ABV
16. Unibroue Ephemere - Fruit/Vegetable | 5.5% ABV
17. Unibroue Trois Pistoles - Belgian Strong Dark Ale | 9.0% ABV
18. Victory Golden Monkey- Tripel | 9.5% ABV
19. Victory Prima Pils - German Pilsener | 5.3% ABV
20. Victory Smokin' Porter - Rauch beer

Just a bump to remind you that the First monthly ride/meet is coming up on Thursday March 24 at 7:30, and since another friend is having a birthday, we'll once again be having cake!

This Just In! Now the event has a trophy! One of these beauties will be given away each month to the bike voted on by the participants. The only rule is you can't win 2 months in a row. Think about it...good food, great beer, cool bikes and now trophies!
trophy1.jpg

Now is your chance to have an award winning ratrodbike! Hope to see you there. 8)

Looks like the weather may be chilly but at least there'll be no rain...and there is a 100% chance of cake and trophy! :D

clamdigger said:
I printed copies of your poster and brought them to the local bike shops.They were surprised .
thanks a lot for the help! :D

we need something like that here. 3000 miles is alot to ride on a rat

i dont mean to hijack anybodies thread but....

caffeine7 said:
we need something like that here. 3000 miles is alot to ride on a rat

we deffinetly need a place to meet up and stuff...the only monthly thing i can think of is the Fontana cruise night,
i believe it is the first friday of each month. right off Sierra off the 10 fwy. :D

"......the only monthly thing i can think of is the Fontana cruise night...."

are you Cali boys kidding me? You have nice weather year round. It should be a no-brainer to start a monthly rendezvous.

We're lucky to have 6 months of good riding weather. And we're lucky to find the same number of people into rat bikes as well.

Hopefully, these mnthly 'vous will generate more inetrest.

Spin

well we dont always have good weather over here, like yesterday was raining even hailing here :shock: ...the problem with starting one up is that since none of us have been to one and we are relatively new to bikes (well i am anyways) we have no idea where to start. but it seems like some of the Riverside guys are planning a few things so i guess we'll go from there... :D

clamdigger said:
Heard on the Rockabilly Roadhouse radio program today that Professor Ouch and Hotrod Scott will be there.
whoa! cool beans!
Looks like we're getting this thing off the ground!
glide-o-bike-1.jpg

Back