Motorizing an OCC Stingray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. A while back, a friend gave me this red OCC Stingray. Actually, I have a link to a thread with this bike in it. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=46241&p=448267&

Mine's the pink one.

Anywho, what I'm working with here is that bike, and a lawnmower engine or a weed whacker engine. I get the general idea on what I'm gonna need to make this work, but if you could give me some pointers, that'd be grand.

One thing I'm not too sure about is I want to be able to pedal still, even with the motor attached. (I do realize how heavy that'd be, but I think I'm strong enough.) What kind of setup would I need to make this work. Any advice helps. I'm here to learn.

Once I've got the motor installed, I'm gonna put some tall apes on it, a powerful high-lumen front light (Like a Pheonix or something) and I'm decently good with electronics. Maybe I could solder together a blinker system. I wanna go all out on this bike. It's gonna be pretty awesome by the time I'm completely finished with it. I promise to post pictures when I'm done.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the rest of your day, take care.

There are some forums more specific to motored bikes, and, as I understand it, to keep it in that category for the law, you need to keep the pedalpower. The ones Ive looked at have the typical low speed peadal sprocket setup and run an additional large diameter rear wheel sprocket joined to a small dia. engine/clutch sprocket in order to get the ratios right.
See this site for lots of pics, ideas and bits: http://www.custommotoredbicycles.com

Latest posts

Back