STBO Ms. Higgins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the hubs disassembled and all the parts and bearings in a bucket of simple green, I’ll let them soak overnight then start cleaning..
IMG_5796.jpeg

Degreasing is done
IMG_5804.jpeg
the only thing left assembled are the fender braces, flat head screws and square nuts instead of rivets so I’m not sure if that’s original or an old time repair. All but two came apart easily, those 2 got some PB blaster and some time, I’ll try again later
IMG_5815.jpeg
then the braces will go in a wood bleach bucket with the other rusty parts . Next project will be scrubbing the frame so I can start putting stuff back together
IMG_5816.jpeg

Degreasing is done View attachment 280601the only thing left assembled are the fender braces, flat head screws and square nuts instead of rivets so I’m not sure if that’s original or an old time repair. All but two came apart easily, those 2 got some PB blaster and some time, I’ll try again later View attachment 280602then the braces will go in a wood bleach bucket with the other rusty parts . Next project will be scrubbing the frame so I can start putting stuff back together View attachment 280603
It looks like Ms Higgins is cleaning up well!

I hope to have a similar pile sometime today. :)

Latest posts

Back