multiple bicycles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after my first bicycle build, still riding and holding up great, I am liking at doing another. Though of course my wife just keeps asking what I am going to do with my current bike. This has me wondering what some of you guys do with all of your bikes?

I am thinking of building one for my son as well, someday at least.

I made a rack from some 2 by 3's I had kicking around and it's in my dining room I have 4 bikes on that 1 on the floor 3 in my room and one In my son's plus frames and parts around the house and my girl doesn't care she totally supports my hobby and 2 of the bikes are hers she has a rat and a mountain bike

i always keep 2 or 3 , when it goes over that , i sell one , or its in progress in the workshop
generally only one cruiser tho + my roadbike and my mountain/grocery getter bike

Every time my wife sees this site she rolls her eyes...lol

Looking at the boa-g tires with the three speed nexus hub. Matt have to knuckle up and buy a set and build around them.

I made a rack from some 2 by 3's I had kicking around and it's in my dining room I have 4 bikes on that 1 on the floor 3 in my room and one In my son's plus frames and parts around the house and my girl doesn't care she totally supports my hobby and 2 of the bikes are hers she has a rat and a mountain bike
Marry her ! :nod:

Well after my first bicycle build, still riding and holding up great, I am liking at doing another. Though of course my wife just keeps asking what I am going to do with my current bike. This has me wondering what some of you guys do with all of your bikes?

I am thinking of building one for my son as well, someday at least.
Run away! Save yourself while you still can! :43:

Marry her ! :nod:

^^ what he said ^^

I know a guy that has almost 500 bikes,he works at a scrap yard so he takes home any bike scrapers bring in.
He says he has a buddy who has about 4000 bikes,no that's not a typo supposed to be three zeros.
That's a collection I'd like to dig through.

I know a guy that has almost 500 bikes,he works at a scrap yard so he takes home any bike scrapers bring in.
He says he has a buddy who has about 4000 bikes,no that's not a typo supposed to be three zeros.
That's a collection I'd like to dig through.

Gee, I thought 30 bikes (+ or -) at any one time was excessive plus I have another 25 or so in a scrap trailer I use for parts. Looks like I am a piker with a pittance or paltry amount. I have a buddy that has a lot more bikes and parts than I do. His stuff is the best I have ever seen. He keeps his stash pretty much a secret and I had to know him for a few years before he took me into his attic. He hauled away for free all the bikes that were in a collapsed from the snow bike shop form the 1920's. He has like boxes of skip tooth chains and new links, still in the box. It's all labeled in boxes. Parts for long spring seats. He has probably 200 original pristine bikes of every kind form a Penney Farthing to old road bikes, muscle bikes and his special interest old rare cruisers you name it. He restores them, even uses plated spokes as he has boxes of those. Most of his bikes didn't need restoring as they were complete and almost perfect when he got them. He did spend $6000 restoring an old road racing bike with the original paint color, NOS original type rims, reproduction decals, etc. The alloy is all polished with jewelers rouge. He has 1920's racing hubs and pedals. Square tank bikes with wooden wheels. He must have 30 wood wheeled bikes hanging up waiting for restoration. Whenever I mention I want something like MAFEC cantilever brakes he says"I have a bunch of those". I threw all my MAFAC cantilevers away in about 1980 as they weren't that special then. Dang it. It's amazing that bike parts that were common place are now quite sought after.

Friends like that are great,unfortunately the ones I know are actual hoarders. They don't sell or trade anything.

1. Many of us used to be into fast cars....wives are usually thankful for bikes after this.

2. Flip a few bikes and show her the profits....she might even encourage you from then on. ;)

3. Once you get about 10 in the garage they lose track of what is what and don't even realize it when you bring more in. :21:

I wish I had a friend like that its so hard to find anything where I live
He won't give or sell me anything, but looking at his stuff is sooo cool. I am working on him slowly. I told him I would do a restoration on one of his wooden wheeled bikes and he said he would think about it. That was last year.

I have like 6 in my garage and I hate the fact that they are in there so close to my car. Keeping me from putting my other car in there. But until I come up with another place, that's it.

1. Many of us used to be into fast cars....wives are usually thankful for bikes after this.

2. Flip a few bikes and show her the profits....she might even encourage you from then on. ;)

3. Once you get about 10 in the garage they lose track of what is what and don't even realize it when you bring more in. :21:
My wife says I can't have more than 20,she doesn't count them or look in my garage attic.:whew:

I have like 6 in my garage and I hate the fact that they are in there so close to my car. Keeping me from putting my other car in there. But until I come up with another place, that's it.
No room in the garage for cars,the old Chevy van and wannabe nova are sittin in the driveway.

Back