Murraycer - now the Airstream Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I have that mug? :lol:

noooo. I love that mug!!! :lol: I found it a a tag sale somewhere for a dime. Classic 70's kitsch. 8)

I put it right there in the second photo on purpose, hoping someone would notice.

thatismytruck said:
noooo. I love that mug!!! :lol: I found it a a tag sale somewhere for a dime. Classic 70's kitsch. 8)

I put it right there in the second photo on purpose, hoping someone would notice.

I noticed because the first photo it' facing away.. Second photo it's like it is staring at you.. lol

ExtraBlaze said:
Nice.That tank is awesome.What is the shifter from?

got it off ebay. some NOS shifter from the 70's. Funny too that I've seen two others on some other builds now that I got mine. Never noticed them until I got mine. I hope it works with my Sturmey Archer wheel.

as long as it pulls the cable and holds the tension it will work with a Sturmey (3 speed i can vouch for not too sure about the 4s and others)
ive used a 6spd ratchet shifter with mine, its a bit guesswork cos you never know if ur in gear. When your not you know about it, as you go down so fast, or whack your knee on the forks

I've made some time for myself over the past couple of nights to play. Unfortunately I can't find my camera :oops: So here is a really really bad photo. Sorry. I'm too excited to wait for a decent photo. The only thing left is the gear shift.

bike01.jpg

OUTSTANDING!.............More pics, please..............Hope to see it in person, one day.

me: "Boy, have you seen the camera? You had it when you were working on all of your legos."
Son: "no" (seriously, what would we expect from any 8 year old?)

I wander up to his room to find my camera on his desk chair under some dirty laundry.

"here it is."
"oh yeah"

And now some better photos in a crappy location. As soon as I get one of those axle nuts with the "chain gear changer guide" extension, I'll be able to finish it up and take some photos outside with the camper. Browsing the photos you will note that I have not final cleaned or polished anything yet and several borrowed ideas i.e. the oil tank, the 3/8" SS brake line as truss bars. The seat is high enough for me. I'll have to ride it around a bit but I think I would really like to have a longer stem to increase the reach to the handle bars. If that doesn't work I may have to go with some bull horn type fixie bars.

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

DSC03111.jpg

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

how about more rivets on the oil bag? can't wait til warm weather and we can go get drunk, i mean ride that thing.

Ran out of rivets and they are freaking expensive!! I'll need some in the Spring as I start work on the camper then so may I'll add more to the bike then.

ride, drink, ride, drink. repeat.

Say it again!.....OUTSTANDING!

Got the gear shift all set up. /cleaned it up and polished it. Photoshoot tomorrow!! Unless it it snows like the weatherman says. If so then I'll post in the "show us your bike in the snow thread" :lol:

Back