Murry. saved from the scrap pile

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy pulled this Murry monetary out of a scrap pile and dropped it off at my shop over a year ago. I got tired of looking at it last Saturday and decided to start messing with it.
No particular rout planned... Just started pulling parts off the shelf to see what looks good.

It was a burgundy Murray like yours, that started my vintage bike addiction. Good luck with your build.
Kenny

Looking good!
I love the way it is going, don't like those canti bars, cut them off, fixed!
Top bar does not suit the tank, cut it off and redo it, fixed!
Needs a lower tank bar, build one, fixed!

Very cool! :thumbsup:

Luke.

I was thinking some truss rods would look good. Time to fab some up.
had a pile of little springs in the scrap pile from a chair i cut up n threw out. ...just as well slip a couple of those on there too! I gotta fab some mid and bottom brackets yet.

threw some fenders, guard, and sat the seat back to see how it would look. Also did a black wash over the bare metal to see if I like the finish. I think I'm going to go that route and clear the bike after.

I acquired the tank a long while back just guessing it would fit the opening of a Cleveland welding frame I had...it didn't. I'm thinking pre war elgin type tank. I was thinking for Fenders on the bike...I got some low profile 27" lightweight fenders... graft them on top of 26" heavy weight fenders to make a bulge that is similar to the tank. Radius should work out pretty close with little mod.

that black wash is amazing. Can you explain that process?

everyone should be looking at this build. Great work.

I acquired the tank a long while back just guessing it would fit the opening of a Cleveland welding frame I had...it didn't. I'm thinking pre war elgin type tank. I was thinking for Fenders on the bike...I got some low profile 27" lightweight fenders... graft them on top of 26" heavy weight fenders to make a bulge that is similar to the tank. Radius should work out pretty close with little mod.
that fender diea is actually sounding really cool.
i like it alot definitely have to show us pics of them some of us(me mainly lol but i m sure there will be others) will want to try this out
good luck with the build
Sean

Finally had a few minutes to tinker on the bike. ... Work has kept me busy! I had to go get a different set of light weight fenders off a donor schwinn I had in storage. The first set didn't fit the contour well. Here's a couple pics just showing one on top the other. Contour is about right on.
Originally I planned on welding flat metal then the lightweight Fender to match the step up on the tank but if I ever want to finish this in time to ride this summer I think I better stick with just fender on fender.

Wow man, that looks super sick, skillz.

Latest posts

Back