Muscle Bike Names

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200w.gif

:grin:

My entry for the first MBBO was Chopster… a cross between Chopper and Dragster.
My entry in the 2018 MBBO Class 2 was Silver Angel - because it was Silver and built for my great-great-niece’s 6th birthday, who I’m sure is and angel :rolleyes:

Other builds have been named thusly (in no particular order)…

Mantis - because it was green and just kind of reminded me of one.
Rattled - because I was somewhat rattled during the build, and I like the Traveling Wilburys song by that name.
Sun King - because I always wanted to build a Yellow and Red T-Bucket called Sun King and never did so a bike was the next best thing. And I like the Beatles song by that name.
Goose - because the frame was extended out, kind of goose-like.
The Rat - because it seemed like a good name.
Number 9 - because it was the ninth build. And I like the Beatles ‘song’ of that name.
BOB - short for Big Orange Bike and because it was orange.
SOB - short for Son Of BOB because it was a kids version of BOB
Glenderson - because it was based on a 1912 Henderson Motorcycle and it was the year I turned 50, so it was named after me and Henderson.
Black Heart - because it was black, and I thought of Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.
Sidebolt - because it was built using two 1936 Chev wheels and those cars are known as ’Stovebolt’ Chevs and the wheels were mounted from the side ergo Sidebolt.
Retroped - because it had ‘retro-direct’ drive and also it was an old ‘retro’ Healing 10 speed frame.

I thinks that’s it :39:

Glen.

It’s hard enough to figure out what to build, now I need to name it. Lol. This will be my first attempt. I’m sure I’ll do it wrong.
We’ll guide you through it

Deep breaths. In through the nose and out through the mouth

🤣🤣🤣

It’s hard enough to figure out what to build, now I need to name it. Lol. This will be my first attempt. I’m sure I’ll do it wrong.

Actually, I see a few names right there in you second post...

First Attempt
Do It Wrong (or perhaps alter that slightly to Done Wrong)
Hard Enough (or perhaps alter that slightly to Harden Up, because it kind of sounds the same)

Of course, these might not suit your build, but you get the idea. Names can be found anywhere.

Glen.

Here at RRB we like to live by the motto: "There is no wrong."

Anybody else ever name a build with a favorite song or album title like Little Neutrino or Tyranny and Mutation? Cartoon characters like Thunderbolt Greaseslapper or SGT.ROCK? What about video game titles like ALiEN FiRE? Names can be nicked from anywhere, even bad attitudes like Into the Silence, or bad puns like Going Nowhere Fast.

I have decided to name my muscle bike build after a book title which has the same name as the main character in the book.

I also plan to quote from the book from time to time during the next three months. :)

I have decided to name my muscle bike build after a book title which has the same name as the main character in the book.

I also plan to quote from the book from time to time during the next three months. :)

Are we supposed to guess?

Yes, of course we’re supposed to guess…

Harry Potter… no… maybe not :shake:

Dracula… hmmm :39:

Oliver Twist… maybe… :rolleyes:

Huckleberry Finn… yeah… that’ll be it. :nod:

But I suppose it could be anything...

Glen.

Latest posts

Back