MY BLACK FRIDAY STING-RAY - NEW PHOTO 1/6/08

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Originally I had bought a green BFSR on the morning after Thanksgiving, but eventually returned it because I
decided I liked the black better and also heard that Wal-Mart was dropping the prices around the country.

I kept checking my stores near me and they seemed to hang around $70 for them for quite a while. Last week
I visited another store near by and they had 2 black ones up on their rack for $59. I decided for 60 bucks it was
hard to pass up. I also had this 1999 Country Time Sting-Ray sitting around so I decided to combine the two to
make one cool bike.

In the end, I swapped out the wheels and tires (chrome), the seat and sissy bar and the stem. Eventually I will change out
the sprocket, just need to figure the spacing issue out. The original sprocket that came on these bikes is smaller
and just clears the frame. I also took off all of the cheesy decals except the chainguard decal.

The bike is solid and actually rides really well. Should be fun to piddle around with. My 4 year old daughter likes
to ride on the seat in front of me when we ride up and down the sidewalk in front of the house.

Here are a few photos of the before and after and the donor bike...

100_5821.jpg

Before

100_6285.jpg

100_6292.jpg

After

100_6303.jpg

100_6300.jpg

100_6302.jpg

100_6301.jpg

The Carnage!!!
:shock:

100_6307.jpg

Re: MY BLACK FRIDAY STING-RAY

I like it.

Did ya rebuild the yellow one with the leftover parts?

Yeah...I do need to put it together....maybe throw it on the CL and see what I can get, ha ha!

Hey RAT,Shoot me a PM

I might be able to save ya the CL agrivation.

A little riding video...keep in mind, a 4 year old shot this...ha ha!

Great production! I think you've got a little Speilburg in the family! :wink:
L8 EM

warning!!!! those 4 year old have slippery hands!(lost 2 cameras to my boy)
that aside.....look good and she didnt do bad at all :mrgreen:

sensor said:
warning!!!! those 4 year old have slippery hands!(lost 2 cameras to my boy)

Ha Ha!...funny you should mention that, she nearly dropped it when I finished that ride! :shock:

Rat Rod said:

:mrgreen: first thing i did with my grape repop was pop a wheelie ..... then stand up and dust the gravel off my butt :oops:

-thumbs up-

Pop a Wheelie...dust gravel from butt...(that could be me too)

I just put a 25t crank sproket and a 5" crank on my Diamond Back freestyle that my bud gave me,yeah,the front wheel comes up a little too easily now!

Nice job! :D

I just got the same bike for my birthday & have about the same ideas. i want to put the 16" drum brake wheel on the front & go either 3 or 5 speed.

looking at the prices on ebay i think the 16" drum brake wheel might be made of gold! :shock:

Back