My creed.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know how you start something, not sure of the direction you're going 'cause it's your first time?? Well, I finally finished my Basman tonight (actually picked it up from NOBS in NOLA on 2/5/13 so I could finished in time for Mardi Gras day, another story, another time.) and I gotta say I'm very happy with the outcome. Only one con: I lost my a/v cord for my camera so I can't post my pics until I buy a new one. Anyways, here's a short run-down of the parts list on my Basman:

26" Black 68-spoke wheels
26" Nirve Bada_ _ tires (sorry, that's the name of the tire)
Nirve Tan Leather seat and grips set
Nirve Street Sweeper fender set
Redline Hollowpoint Pro stem
Redline Flight BMX crankset
A used mountain bike handlebar (25mm rise, i think)
Schwinn Phantom rear reflector (repro)
Dupli-Color Metal Flake spray paint, Burnt Copper (brillant color, but extremely delicate with or without clear)
Springer fork

This is my new creed:

This is my bicycle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My bicycle my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My bicycle, without me is useless. Without my bicycle, I am useless. I must ride my bicycle often and I must ride it straighter than my friends. I will...ride! :D

Yeah, it's okay, but black and copper don't really contrast well. Colors should compliment each other and these two don't. That's why after the parades finish rolling and I'm able to give some thought to a better color scheme, it's getting painted. I'll post the pics up within this week.

More photos of the latest changes I made.
DSCF0403.jpg

Back