My custom rat fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

As mention in my intro i bought a rat fink frame (steel version) that i plan on building with all kind of spare mtb parts and hopully get it electric assited in the next year to make a bike to go to work.

even if the rat fink frame is has a nice paint job I could not keep the electric green color it just didnt feel good for me plus i dont like standard things...

so I Painted it flat black this saturday and got a cool set of azonic 3 pieces cranks froma friend distibuter of bike part here in canada.

My plan is to go with modern parts and get some retro feel into the bike

I will keep you posted with the future developpement.

in the plans.:
-red tires
-disc brakes
-possible rear rack/backseat
-suicide shifter

and more...

before

a7cb_3.jpg

today :D

ratfink6mai.jpg

holy crap, someone has cajones to paint a nice RF frame flat black...
cool!

Oh my God...I think I just got sick :shock: ...... I LOVE that color of green......... what a wicked cool color and frame...... I'd have pimped it just like it was .... but that's just me....

Hooch said:
the cool thing about rat rod bikes is..... there are no boundaries! I think it would be cool with prewar spears in red!

yeah, i must say your bike with red tires was is one of my inpiration...

Oh my God...I think I just got sick Shocked ...... I LOVE that color of green.....dang what a wicked cool color and frame...... I'd have pimped it just like it was .... but that's just me....

LOL I knew i was gonna shock people or do somekind of a "sacrilege" by painting and modifying that frame... :D

tartosuc said:
LOL I knew i was gonna shock people or do somekind of a "sacrilege" by painting and modifying that frame... :D

LOL, nah, it's all about everyone's individual tastes.

I just happen to be a "green" fanatic.......and had never seen that frame before...and then to see it in flat black made me sick...lol.

I'd pimp a green frame like that any day :lol:

I have wanted too ( as many here already know ) build a Custom...
and Finish it in a cool, traditional, 60's Style Green.

It will be the color I choose in the future for a build.
My choice to do a bike that way was affirmed when
"October" did the incredible job on his Ratrodbike Build off Rollfast.

Check out his Bike here

so, Green has always over the years ,been one of my Fav's,
and Chris showed us all how cool it looks on a Bike..
as well, he showed us all how hard it is to GET that green
to look that good...

but hey!.......this is a Forum of Custom Bikes.
and I love a Flat Black bike as well..

keep us posted as this one progresses..
maybe we'll see some cool Green Rims with WWW Tires :mrgreen:

peace,
Kev.

TexasXXX said:
I just happen to be a "green" fanatic.......and had never seen that frame before...and then to see it in flat black made me sick...lol.

I'd pimp a green frame like that any day :lol:

And just to make you hurt a little more, he won the frame on Ebay from a guy in Houston. :mrgreen:

Should be a sweet looking bike when it's all done.

I heard green was for years considered bad luck when I was in High School I had a green 68 AMC Javelin and all my gear head buddys would say green was bad luck and after 7 transmissions I really was believing them lol
I have seen it applied to cars an motorcycles
but if you search google you will see the same kinda stuff
http://www.snopes.com/autos/cursed/green.asp

Hooch said:
I heard green was for years considered bad luck when I was in High School I had a green 68 AMC Javelin and all my gear head buddys would say green was bad luck and after 7 transmissions I really was believing them lol
I have seen it applied to cars an motorcycles
but if you search google you will see the same kinda stuff
http://www.snopes.com/autos/cursed/green.asp

Hooch, my Mom and my Dad both Raced Stock Cars in the 60's and early 70's

as well, you all know my Dad has been a Custom Automotive Painter for
over 45 years now...and myself..well..you know I'm a Journeyman Painter as well..

and growing up I can't tell you how many times my Dad said it!!!!
"Kev, Green is an Unlucky Color to Paint a Race Car"

maybe it's the kid in me...rebelling from my Dad... that loves it
so much :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And for whatever reason...any Chevelle, Camaro or Mustang from the 60s that's painted light green with a light green interior is gauranteed to still be in mint condition with no rust...LOL!

My Dad and I used to joke about that color scaring rust away.

green_camaros.jpg

interesting reaction

I've will try and go left when the trend is go right...but every so often even on this site some one or thing will catch me "off guard" not offended, just eyebrow raised then I sit back and invision their Idea...then ..Hey thats a very cool vision :D ...at first I was OH that was a cool green. Then I went back and reread his list and thought he's turning left :mrgreen: iff he kept it green it will always be semi Kustom [K was for Clothespin "n"] instead tartosuc will go the total distance with a full Rat Rod ,Hot Rod bike wich will cause discussion amongst chopper, Rat fink collectors, rat rod, Hot rod bike people AND that is the goods :wink:

ps Hooch tell us when U post on the Schwinn Site I'd like to read the reactions :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm happy to see that my project is making a lot of discussion! :D I like shaking the boudaries...

sorry for thoses who wanted green, There wiil not be any green on the bike...I already have a green mountain bike..

as outsider13 said keeping the original color would have make a semi custom bike...there's a lot of rat fink around, i dont want mine to look the same... :D

TexasXXX said:
Who produced that frame.....and if I might be so bold as to ask, how much did it set you back????

it was made by electra, 2005 and earlier were steel frames...it has cost me 150$ us$ shipped to my door...a little more than i expected but the frame is good quality and I wanted something that was comfortable, i test drove a electra strait eight a few weeks prior to find that frame and i was amazed on how it rides...

tartosuc said:
TexasXXX said:
Who produced that frame.....and if I might be so bold as to ask, how much did it set you back????

it was made by electra, 2005 and earlier were steel frames...it has cost me 150$ us$ shipped to my door...a little more than i expected but the frame is good quality and I wanted something that was comfortable, i test drove a electra strait eight a few weeks prior to find that frame and i was amazed on how it rides...

THANKS for the info....$150 is not bad at all for that frame....it looks hella comfy to ride.....might have to get one of those (in green of course,lol) one day :mrgreen:

Here's a follow up on my project, I've received my tires this week, added a bolted on derailleur hanger....

fork is coming next week with headset, i'm working on the suicide shifter and disc brake adapter ....

atfink10mars.jpg
:D [/img]

Back