My custom rat fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
xddorox said:
Very cool, will it be ready for the night cruise on May 26th?
I'm trying!

mmm, red tires....
are you going to put springer on it too?

I suffer from red tire, springer envy-itis...

:lol:

tomb said:
mmm, red tires....
are you going to put springer on it too?

I suffer from red tire, springer envy-itis...

:lol:

I would like to put a springner on it but I can't find one with a long steertube that will fit that frame...i will start with a regular chopper fork and maybe modify it later to make a sprigner...maybe a hooch/rosemry style one...

Follow up on my project, I'm trying to have a working first prototype by tommorow for the night ride...

I did not received my disc brake bracket yet so I have to figure out a way to stop that beast.

I like the look so far!
:D

Tarto

ratfink25mai07003.jpg

ratfink25mai07002.jpg

Nice! I like the black with red tires combo - it's a cool variation on the traditional black with red rims combo.

As for stopping, just don't ride without shoes and you're all set (flintstone brakes :mrgreen: )

-Mp

Multipass said:
Nice! I like the black with red tires combo - it's a cool variation on the traditional black with red rims combo.

As for stopping, just don't ride without shoes and you're all set (flintstone brakes :mrgreen: )

-Mp

I'm planning on doing some primer red detailing to match the tires...but the wheels are gonna stay black! :D

xddorox said:
I saw this bike in person last night for our glowstick ride and it looks pretty cool. The flatblack and red tires are just killer. Great bike Bern :mrgreen:

thanks,

It's also an awsome ride! i'ts been a while since i had so much fn rding in town!

Looks great...

Ya she's lookin fine!

How do you like the ride and lay out of the 'Fink frame? Even with the Ape hangers I find mine really comfortable.

I wanted a chopper that I could put some miles on (cough* exersize!) and the Ratfink beat them all for comfort and ridability.

Like the custom rat look...

Re: Looks great...

RatFink said:
Ya she's lookin fine!

How do you like the ride and lay out of the 'Fink frame? Even with the Ape hangers I find mine really comfortable.

I wanted a chopper that I could put some miles on (cough* exersize!) and the Ratfink beat them all for comfort and ridability.

Like the custom...
layout is perfect, I needed a few minutes to get used to the riding position but after that it was great! I love how you can pull on the handlbars to transfer power to your legs and go uphill! great bike! :D

A nice shot f my ratfink on a rainy ride tonite...I will take one on a sunny day to post in the contest.....I can't wait to get my electra seat!
ratfinkjune4th003.jpg
[/img]

follow up on my project.:

added a new seat, new grips and built a custom chain guard out of a heater grill! some paint detailling to complete the look and voila!

ratfink2juillet005.jpg

the chainguard...

ratfink2juillet002.jpg
:D :D

aka_locojoe said:
Chain guard is neat. Any fabrication photos or photos of how you mounted it?

no sorry, no pics, i was too excited when i found the heater plate that i started to work on it right away!...

I mounted the rear part to the original mounting point throught the middle of the star at the back, it's also holding the pulley wheel. i will need to redo all the corners to make them cleaner looking.

ratfink2juillet007.jpg

in the front it's holding by a collar added to the seat tube. i want to switch that spacer for a smaller one to fix the bent on top...that spacer was all I had when i built it.
ratfink2juillet006.jpg

this is whats left of the grill...It took a lot of dremel work, it took me 4h from cuting to paint to install.
ratfink2juillet008.jpg

Back