My custom rat fink

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im workin on sumpin similar, nice job, did you coat the adhesive black afterwards ?? lokks black in the next to last pic.

CCR said:
im workin on sumpin similar, nice job, did you coat the adhesive black afterwards ?? lokks black in the next to last pic.

yes i did, you dont see it but after thoses pics i'v added a lot of glue (stuff we have at work that just sticks to anything)to fill out some more . it all dryed and made a nicer joint between the plastic parts...since the glue was white, I,ve painted the whole thing black except for the globe ...

Latest addition,

a foot activated disc brake!

it 's a little weird to operate, i hope i will get use to it..
3.00002.jpg

you pedal normaly.:
2.00004.jpg

to brake move the heel inward and backpedal.;
2.00005.jpg

Position of the lever is ajustable
i will ad a plate on top later this week.
2.00003.jpg

3.00001.jpg

the latest look fo the bike (new brake not on this pic)
1.00008.jpg

That takes the cake for ideas lately. Great way to not mess up a bike with more cables up top. hopefully you dont kick it and break the lever.

That is totally cool.

Is it a natural progression to go from that and add a toe shifter so you have a heel and toe set up? Hint, hint

Great work, keep going.

62Higgins said:
That is totally cool.

Is it a natural progression to go from that and add a toe shifter so you have a heel and toe set up? Hint, hint

Great work, keep going.
i will have to think about that one :!:

a little add-on to the foot brake...
4.00001.jpg

4.00002.jpg

Nice

The little foot pedal is the perfect finishing touch!

(late 70's dimmer switch 'hot rod' accessory :wink: )

ok,

so all of you know about the "ratfink controversy", I,ve painted it flat black and most people were shocked...all in all i think i got the style that I wanted...
1.00008.jpg

So i decided to re-do completely the bike...i'm going to a more modern style...first i will have nexus 7 speed 24" rear wheel with a 3" kenda kraze tire, up front will be a 26x2.125 kraze...I will probably build another suicide shifter also.
anyway now i'm looking for your ideas as far as paint goes...i'm torn between going with a flashy red or orange color VS a more sober color like dark grey or glossy black or wine red or dark blue or ???

what would you guy's see on that frame (i dont want green :D ) I can also paint the wheels...maybe the fork and handlebars too.

dont know how youre gonna paint it(rattle can or spray gun)if you shoot it with a gun (my .01 here)go with the gawdy 60's metalflake like on the boats and carnival rides :wink: ) but even as is it looks great!

Is this the bike that you have the HAIRPIN seat on? IF so, are you going to use it? How about a VINTAGE paint job to match the "vintage" dark brown seat? Beige frame, dark brown rims etc. :shock:

If youre keeping the red tires, dark blue or dark Grey would look really classic, and classy (maybe a vintage 2-tone paint style?)
Hooch recently posted some vintage color charts/2-tone layouts that would be really cool to replicate on that bike (i think it was in a columbia post)

KOTA said:
Is this the bike that you have the HAIRPIN seat on? IF so, are you going to use it? How about a VINTAGE paint job to match the "vintage" dark brown seat? Beige frame, dark brown rims etc. :shock:
interresting idea,
yes thats the bike with the airpin seat....I'm not sure i will use it again (its really comfy), i really want to go with a simpler/more modern look i'm not sure about vintage anymore but i will think about it.

@tomb, i'm not keeping the red tires as metionned, i'm going with larger black tires. the red ones are sold xddorox

Funny, cause i'm going the other way..
Im hoping to pick up a moon dog (walmart cruiser) for 50 later this week.. then remove the stickers.. it's very close to the rat rod green.. Then im gonna possibly use rat fink accessories and a triple tree with straight bars to finish it out.
-TJ

Back