My dad put a folding bike in a time capsule.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
outskirtscustoms said:
Am I the only kid who didn't race his car in high school?

I had one of the fastest, if not the fastest car in high school, but I didn't race. Mom and dad paid my insurance and I wasn't going to risk that. We had a different competition back then (early to mid 90s)... I hate to admit it, but I was into bass, loud car stereos. I had been installing car stereos since 14, so I had the have the best system at school, we would have "bass offs" in the school parking lot and I always won. :oops:

Yeah I had a fast car that me and my uncle built (my first car a 1970 Mustang Mach One) but literally the first time I drove it I went to the gas station, filled it up, and tried to do a burnout to impress a pretty girl and went out in front of a truck...totaled it. My uncle said he wasn't going to help me fix it and my next car would come out of my pocket so I learned to respect it. That's how I ended up with the hearse. I put the word out I was looking for a car on the cheap and a friend of mine's dad who worked in a funeral home was selling the '58 Caddy hearse. He said nobody else would drive it and was creeped out by it. I looked at it as it's got a huge cargo space, only 50,000 miles, never been abused, meticulous maintenance records, a cool creepy style and was only $300! I ended up removing part of the coffin rack and found the back seat from a chevy station wagon that I modified to fit in it and fold down. Someday I'll find another one.

Latest posts

Back