My don't look to closely build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After spending way to much time on this website I got hit with Rat Fever and purchased a Dyno Moto Glide rust bucket. The thing was total mess.

RustDyno_zpsa4f91c78.jpg
RustDyno2_zps2996f9ee.jpg

Every piece of steel and chrome looked like the kickstand. I was going to blast & powder coat but realized it wasn't worth it. I ground and rat canned the frame flat black.

DFrame_zps116cd0b1.jpg

I cleaned and relubed, the hubs, Nexus 4 speed gears and crank. The roller brakes have been repainted and relubed.

Dwheels_zpse27d2db3.jpg

I stall can't get the wheels clean, any suggestions?

DWheel2_zpsc99e0bd8.jpg

The tubs and tires were shot and had to be replaced. I'm a sucker for 24" x 3" tires.

D1_zps8c51ccb9.jpg

Instead for replacing chrome items, forks and handlebars I blasted them and painted using Krylon premium chrome paint. They came out pretty good.

DHandlebars_zpsde190ded.jpg

Next up putting the double crown fork back together.

Bar keepers friend works good on wheels with fine steel wool, then some quality polish with a cotton towel.

Those rims are alum. Brushes & steel wool will ruin the finish! You can take the spokes off & puff with Simichrome polish. If you take the spokes off, you could paint the rims also. I've got alot of Dyno's, they are great bike to ride.

Those rims are alum. Brushes & steel wool will ruin the finish! You can take the spokes off & puff with Simichrome polish. If you take the spokes off, you could paint the rims also. I've got alot of Dyno's, they are great bike to ride.
Looked chrome from here. If they are aluminum then Mothers mag and aluminum polish, a cotton towel, and lots of elbow grease.

Clear coated the chrome painted items and ruined them. Everything went gray. Well don't look to close, I'm moving ahead with gray parts. Hopefully will get the double crown fork done this weekend.

Back