my eyes hurt it's so good

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Body: Kokomo, In... Mind: in the gutter. Soul: in
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I went to the flea market like I do every Friday, Saturday and Sunday looking for deals and I came across a huge 5 gallon bucket full of old rusty bike parts. Naturally I look through it and ask how much, he mentions a second bucket even bigger just overflowing with stuff and a few parts in the dirt next to it. Says he'd take $5 for both buckets and all the parts! Soon as I see my odyssey lucky 7 braced seat post I said DEAL! If you guys need anything pm me, everything but the seat post is for sale. and I got boxes waiting.
I started digging through it all and there's:
Brake levers and calipers Schwinn, Dia-Compe, MX, polygon,
P8140002.jpg

Old Bendix RB2 hub parts with the script writing on the arm,
I'll get better pics soon as I figure out how to turn the flash off....lol
Some cool old bmx parts
P8140007.jpg

Two sets of shortie fenders and one single, and of coarse my seat post, and an old AMF Hercules chain guard
P8140009.jpg

two handlebars, one with Schwinn grips
P8140003.jpg

Cranks one looks like an old Schwinn speedster? others look old but I have no idea.
P8140004.jpg

P8140012.jpg

Plus a bunch of bolts and axles for my junk drawer.
P8140013.jpg

& a jerry can pouring spout... always useful... :D
Wartime US jerrycans are hopeless without them... unless you're trying to fill your boots with gas!

thanks had no idea what that was for, The jerrycan didn't come with it so I'd sell it cheap....lol. Do you happen to know what those cast disks are in the trailer?

I need the handles and stem with black schwinn grips from the first pic. How much?

pigboy said:
THE CAST IRON DISCS LOOK LIKE SEEDCORN PLANTER DISTRIBUTION DISCS.
ok cool, probably scrapyard filler to me.....lol

PM sent on Mag sprocket & crank...Pappy 8)

ogtripleog said:
that seat post is an old bmx "layback" check size might not fit
Already checked it on my huffy and it's too small but I think it will fit my murry that I'm getting ready to rat. If not I know it will fit my Schwinn. Unless you really want to make an offer on it.

Bodge Deep said:
Wartime US jerrycans are hopeless without them... unless you're trying to fill your boots with gas!

That spout will last for ever if kept dry ..Not like Todays cheap Plastic ones..LOL. The cans were a little heavy..LOL

jaydub said:
Bodge Deep said:

That spout will last for ever if kept dry ..Not like Todays cheap Plastic ones..LOL. The cans were a little heavy..LOL

Where would I think about finding one ??? Army surplus ???

weekend-fun said:
outskirtscustoms said:
Cranks one looks like an old Schwinn speedster? others look old but I have no idea.
P8140004.jpg

The last one is for a Galaxy Flyer.

Sam

Or any one of a hundred different AMF/Roadmaster products. :wink:

Bodge Deep said:
Don't you mean "Spout, Pouring, Jerry Can, Type I, OD Green, One each." Sorry, having flashbacks to my days in the Army! I always found the nomenclature on things in the military to be interesting. Items as simple as long johns became "Underwear, Mens, Winter, Lightweight, Type I, Class I". When I was in the 10th Cavalry I drove an M113 armored personnel carrier and a jeep. Used plenty of Jerry cans. We had a much more graphic name for that pouring spout!

Pudge said:
Bodge Deep said:
Don't you mean "Spout, Pouring, Jerry Can, Type I, OD Green, One each." Sorry, having flashbacks to my days in the Army! I always found the nomenclature on things in the military to be interesting. Items as simple as long johns became "Underwear, Mens, Winter, Lightweight, Type I, Class I". When I was in the 10th Cavalry I drove an M113 armored personnel carrier and a jeep. Used plenty of Jerry cans. We had a much more graphic name for that pouring spout!

Yeah they probably have some special long name for toilet paper too, (cleaning media, latrine, wiping, type number 2, Army White, 80 grit, biodegradable, bio-hazardous, Handle with care).............lol :mrgreen:

deorman said:
weekend-fun said:
outskirtscustoms said:
P8140004.jpg

The last one is for a Galaxy Flyer.

Sam

Or any one of a hundred different AMF/Roadmaster products. :wink:

One thing I noticed on it is the crank arms are flat and not rounded, kinda a cool industrial look to it.

Back