My first Bike Build.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first bike build. Buddy of mine sold me this 1952 La Salle. Since this picture I have all the parts a the powder coaters. I post new pics when i get it back. Enjoy
GetAttachmentaspx.jpg

You sure that bike is a 52 ? it looks prewar to me . :?

Its all good 66olds98. My wife gives me a hard time all the time about it.
I check the numbers on the bottom bracket and the site I have found says Its a 52. This site said La Salle is(1931-40)
http://www.re-cycle.com/history/Schwinn ... odels.aspx
So I dont know what it is. I'm calling it a 52 till I find out what is realy is. LOL

OK I got the frame back from being powder coated. Looks like Crap. Looks like this frame had a lot of service rust.Theres big craters and spots with orange peel. any suggestion?

touch up with spot putty, some fine sand paper, and orange paint that matches. or, for free, go back to the company and complain of the crappy job they did, and either demand a re-do or your money back. seriously. :mrgreen: i say you yell at them.

I'm going to talk to the guy Monday. I think i'm screwed because of the surface rust. I might just sandblast the powder coat off and etch primer it and paint it. Thanks for the info

Back