My first build **New pics added 24/9/2010**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My first build **New pics added 24/4/2010**

Small update.
Finally got tires and temporary wheels are coming tomorrow and then its time for very first full assembly :)

Plans are to get bike painted either this or next weekend. Ill post new pics when I get it assembled.
colours are going to be black on wheels, front fork and handlebars. Brownish red frame and creme Thick Brick tires.

Re: My first build **New pics added 24/4/2010**

Here are some pics with tires on.

24092010207.jpg

24092010211.jpg

My wife is in that pic for size comparison.
Need to rise frame little because its about 15mm from ground now with no load on :)

Really cool looking bike with very nice lines! :) Just curious though, won't the bottom tube of the frame scratch the ground when you ride it and the springer gets compressed? :?

Yeah its way too low now :D It scratches ground easily when I put my weight on it.
Thats what you get when you start building without tires :D
I try to rise it by adding some lenght to front forks tubes and probably do something to rear fork and maybe new dropouts.

I think so too.
Ill probably add about 70mm to those tubes and see if that solves the problem.
For next build Ill get all parts before I start to build :)

Actually I have next project allready figured out.
I was thinking about building kick-bike for my wife as birthday present.
Deadline is 1.6.2011 :)
Need to start figuring out wheel sizes and other stuff. My wife is 154cm short :) so its probably going to bee 24 front and 12,5 back.
But thats another topic allready :)

Latest posts

Back