My frirst balloon bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude your gonna end up killing that frame!Please take it down to someone who has a vice and it'll come out of there!!Sorry I just really like your bike and without proper knowledge its gonna be a loss Im afraid.How are you gonna stick a 7/8ths drill bit in there and drill it out without jacking that frame.You said it moved already and if you try to drill it out its gonna drop down into the frame and what if it goes down into your bottom bracket!?If when you drill it and it spins free and drops to the bottom your gonna be jacked! Just take it over to kooter downtown and put it in his vice.Seatpost frame destruction avoided!!!!!!

bikejunkie said:
Dude your gonna end up killing that frame!Please take it down to someone who has a vice and it'll come out of there!!Sorry I just really like your bike and without proper knowledge its gonna be a loss Im afraid.How are you gonna stick a 7/8ths drill bit in there and drill it out without jacking that frame.You said it moved already and if you try to drill it out its gonna drop down into the frame and what if it goes down into your bottom bracket!?If when you drill it and it spins free and drops to the bottom your gonna be jacked! Just take it over to kooter downtown and put it in his vice.Seatpost frame destruction avoided!!!!!!
I agree with bikejunkie too. Also you might want to look for some of this. I've used it and its amazing!
IMG_3744.jpg

Dude! Please take the advice you've gotten from your friends here on RRB! You've got a real peach of a bike! Let's see some more pics soon! :mrgreen:

I said thats last resort. I plan on getting some penatrating lube and useing vise first. I do have a vice but it's at work

Well the tube is currently filled with liquid wrench stuff. it apears to work very nice

Well the vise did nothing but eat the pole so theres the hacksaw blade option. i'm not sure what metal this thing is but it broke and bends to easy. so i'm gonna sit on a chair and lightly hack say both sides of the seat tube. since it's weak metal it should take only a year. lol

Keep at it with the penetrating fluid, the longer it sits the better. I'd let it soak for a week before even messing with it. Be patient, it'll come out. Put an old junk seat on it and try to twist it out of there. Not much else grips the post as well as a bicycle seat clamp.

If you don't have a welder, this idea is total junk, but you could weld a bar of some kind really well across the top of the seat post and then try to turn in using the bar as a t-handle. If the post is weak at the top where it's exposed, you could weld it up a little, too. I haven't tried this, but have almost resorted to it several times before. I've seen my father break stuck and rounded bolts free this way, welding a handle onto the head for some leverage. Like a permanent breaker bar. :)

The penetrating oil almost always works, you just have to be patient. Sometimes it takes a while. Kroil is my personal favorite, seems to break things free better than anythign else I've tried.

http://www.kanolabs.com/google/

The issue right now isthe vise idea made the seat pole break and is now flush with frame. the reason is the metal the pole is made out of breaks easy. so opertation hacksaw blade is my last hope.i'm sure i'll get the .... thing out.

I don't know if they make "easy out" tool bits as large as you would need for a seat post, but that would probably work if they do. Crank it in and gently twist in reverse and I bet it'd break free. That might be worth looking into.

Plan G is working very good yet slowly a hacksaw blade does work, just slowly but thats okay i'm off work today lol

wow... love your bike but am sorry to hear about all your seatpost problems. and now you say it is down even with the clamp. at this point, if i were you, id see if i could get some kind of blade (slim flat head screwdriver, perhaps) to see if i could get something between the post and where it slides down in the seat tube to make a gap, but without driving the post down farther, and get more penetrating oil between the two to really eat at the rust. an easy out would be ideal, but not sure if they exist in this application. a fat enuff drill bit to drill it out, but you'd risk damage to the frames seat tube if your wernt spot on on your drilling.

something similar happened to me where the seat post was stuck in like yours. on the back of the seattube is that gap cut out at the factory to allow the seat tube to tighten up around the seatpost once in the frame. follow me? anyways, i took a hacksaw blade and alot of patience to cut a gap in the back of the seatpost, following the gap i mentioned on the tightener clamp. since the frame wasnt but an 80's murray, i even brought the gap line cut a few millies lower on the frame to get more of the post cut, and in doing so either allow less friction in the seattube and/or allowing more (i used liquid wrench, but everyone has a fav) pen oil to get between the clamp and seatpost. i even used a punch to "curl back" parts of the seat post by the cut i just made which also reduced contact it the clamp. i let it sit and the next day ui worked it out slowly.

good luck.

You could also try white vinegar. It will loosen rust which is probably what is holding it in. Takes a day or so to work. You'd need to remove the crank and plug the seat tube hole in the bottom bracket. Not much work really. Then fill the tube with vinegar. Then your green bike will smell like pickles!

Lol thems some good ideas. I like the pickle one though! It's raining so i'll let it penetrate for a day or so before I go blade happy again lol

An update on the seat pole on this thing lol so i cut it but it is in there like it's part of the bike so as soon as I find a long thing slotted screwdriver I shall remove this pain. I did it somewhat with a small one but can't get deep enough to finish just. theres barely anything holding that .... pole in the bike now. however i'm making a item that will surely remove that piece of junk. I hope I can pull the pole out to show you how screwed it is lol

Edit: Seat poles allover the world. don't mess with me!! I'll take ya all out! muhaha I got it lol
100_1886.jpg

Thanks. now I just have to track down parts and give it a new paint job. in pics it looks nice but get close enough and it's not so pretty. I'm gonna change it back to the color it was before. I was thinking about powder coating but theres some dents in frame. I can remove them but it will show if I powder coat. so i'll get it pro painted lol as for the fender ordament... I love anime so i'll mount a anime figure onto it... Lol

Back