my girl has crazy luck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$150 Firebike o_O

DSCF0449.jpg

Then she told me she got 3 chopper bikes for $1300 and i think great...oc chopper bikes i have no use for.....how wrong i was....she found some lady who was trying to give away what i can only assume has to be $1,000-$2,000 per bike easily and she negotiated with her still O_O.....
they all have crazy insane iridiscent glitter paint 1st bike is grey 2nd bike is green 3rd bike is purple, pics dont do it justice...really cool....crazy big....my girl cant wait to start the hating in downtown...i hate her and love her dammit....lol

DSCF0448.jpg

DSCF0447.jpg

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0445.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0443.jpg

DSCF0442.jpg

they got 3speed with suicide shifters and coaster brakes. they are really easy to get going. i would guess they weigh about 70-80 lbs. each maybe. my girl can lift them no problem.

I wish my luck was half as good as yours.

thanks for the props everyone...here's some pics of the purple one. when the green one looks up to par i will post of that.

DSCF0554.jpg

DSCF0553.jpg

DSCF0539.jpg

DSCF0533.jpg

aka_locojoe said:
Great bikes. So is there a story on where they came from? Seems like an awfully good deal.
Hello this is the wife :)

Yes there is a story and kind of sad but here's how it all went down.

My husband and I are avid craigslist freaks and I happened across this pic in north california craigslist and im from san diego and loved the bike but not so much the price at $3,000. it was advertised as one of a kind and i loved it but had to keep looking as my husband does not allow my pockets to run that deep. lol.
3n93pd3l85O45T15W3a3v50dce4451ebb18.jpg

So a week or so later i was trolling other counties craigslists and saw this pic advertised as "2 bikes $3,000 obo for both and i think the price made me think of the 1st pic. because this is the most awful pic someone could possibly take of these bikes.
3m83pd3le5V65T35P3a450c82ecd3f3131f.jpg

Arranged to see all 3 bikes and took my husband on a random drive from southern cali to northern cali. the grey bike was just some reseller that saw an opportunity to profit off of the builder who went out of business and cheap sold his bikes and this guy made up some bogus story about how long he's had it and how much he paid for it when i had already tracked down the builder and got the lowdown. so i didnt like the guy selling the grey bike.

so down to southern cali to see what i hoped where similar bikes and turned out they were and from the exact same builder. unfortunately it was an estate sale of a 51 year old man who had a heart attack in his sleep and his wife was getting rid of everything. all she wanted to know is if we were going to enjoy the bikes or sell them for a quick buck and when we showed her our pics of us in downtown san diego she gave us the bikes.

it is unfortunate to have acquired these bikes under tragic circumstances but i am glad she was happy to give them to us knowing what were going to do with them.

queency

here is some pics of other bikes he has built. the pics suck but the bikes are awesome.

blocks_image_7_1.png

blocks_image_8_1.png

blocks_image_11_1.png

blocks_image_9_1.png

a very talented artist in my opinion.

Bikes with a story, thanks for sharing. He was (assuming he died from the heart-attack?) very talented and an artist.
I'm pretty sure these bikes will be treated with the respect they deserve. Awesome bikes !

forgot to post of the green one....sorry bout that...hmm only have pics with the dyno....oh well, at least you can get an idea of the size of these bad boys.

DSCF0707.jpg

DSCF0709.jpg

DSCF0711.jpg

my girl with the one that fits her perfectly.
DSCF0566.jpg

queensbike.jpg

Latest posts

Back