My Girlfriend's Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this bike isn't heavily customized or anything, I just think it's a cool bike and thought I'd share it. It's a basically stock, super-clean Murray Missile except we swapped the 1.75 tires for some 2.125 whitewalls. She rides it a couple miles to work all the time.

DSCN2016.jpg

DSCN2017.jpg

deorman said:
HEY! Not only are the tires too big, that's not a factory seat! :shock: You BUTCHER!! :lol:
Haha, good eye! The factory seat was a torture device. We kept it with the other original parts but put on new bike take-off seat for the sake of comfort.

thats a sweetheart little murray.....i bet your girl looks rad crusin' to work on that........did the 2.125 tires fit on the 1.75 rims???.....and is that murray a 65-68???.....i have a 63' murray meteor flite all orignal and i just love that bike........

Do the lights work? My friends Firestone 500 lights worked as soon as the the 40 years of rust was removed from the ground wire in the tank (same kind of wrap around frame tank)

The tires fit, but there is hardly any clearance with the fenders. I had to remove the rear reflector because the bolt holding it on would scrape the tires.

I do not know the year. I honestly haven't done a lot of research on the bike. We haven't tried the light yet either. She never rides in the dark, so we haven't had a reason to try. It takes two D's for those tiny bulbs which seems a little ridiculous to me.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

Back