My Haul From the SF Bike Expo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I went to the SF Bike Expo, which was pretty cool, though catered a bit to BMX. Still, they did have a swap meet section, and I got some great deals in there!

Before I get to that, I did want to mention that my day there started out rough, as some clean, trustworthy looking teens were out front, saying that they bought tickets, only to discover that to ride in the event, they didn't need them. I bought 2 tickets from them at a discount. When I got inside, you guessed it, the tickets were no good. They had already been scanned. I was pretty mad that my day had to start out by losing $20 at the door. Anyhoo...

I started out by buying a Bendix kickback hub for pretty cheap, then a cool aluminum 45T diamond plate chainring (I'll get to the hubs in a minute).
IMG_1201.jpg

I had been looking for some 26x3 tires for a future build, when I came across these 26x4's for a screaming deal!
IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

When I bought the tires, they also threw in the above hubs, which are sealed bearing, with a mount for disc. I have no idea what to do with these hubs, and I may sell them in the near future.

I left the swap area, and went about the day, but near the end, I came back, and talked to a bike shop guy that had a bunch of 3G Bikes for sale that were former rental bikes. They had the cheapest one marked at only $150, and I thought about it, but found that I only had $100 left. He told me that $100 wouldn't get one of the big deluxe bikes, but that I could take one of the two Isla Vistas they had left at that price. Sold! The one I grabbed has a nice set of copper painted rims, and the best part, a 2 speed kickback hub on the rear!
IMG_1197.jpg

I was happy when I left, and all these good deals helped make up for the loss of cash at the door.

LarzBahrs said:
Thats awesome!! Those 4 inchers would look good on those 2.5 :lol: :lol: . Any old stuff out there?

Oh, and yes. There was one guy in particular who had a whole line of old bikes. Elgins, stingrays, Schwinns, you name it. I was in love with a 1930's Elgin, but he was asking $800, and I just couldn't justify it.

Latest posts

Back