My June 2012 finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nothing worth their own thread, but here is what I've picked up this month:

late 90s GT Dyno Compe:
BikeBMX.jpg

late 70s/early 80s ATB bike- seems like it was hanging in a garage since the eighties:

bikehuffyATB.jpg

An X-games dirt bike wannabe.. dual shocks and dual disk brakes.. too bad seat isnt adjustable:
bikemotocross.jpg

still it is cool.

Plus I got a gray Univega Alpino Pro mens mt bike. I cut off the rusty chain, and removed the rusty shift cable and derailleurs. It has some quality parts. I got it going and it rides niiiiiiiiice.

Nice bikes, I have red one of those x games bikes but mine doesn't have those wheels with the disc brakes anymore but I can't figure how to ad normal brakes to it yet since it didn't have any part of the frame I could put one on.

kngtmat said:
Nice bikes, I have red one of those x games bikes but mine doesn't have those wheels with the disc brakes anymore but I can't figure how to ad normal brakes to it yet since it didn't have any part of the frame I could put one on.

if you had a coaster brake wheel, you could secure the brake strap to the rear chain guard post.

I have Coaster brake wheels but they are pink & purple wheels, maybe as soon as I have bike money I might paint them after I get my other bikes done.

That Univega could be a nice bike again...You might be surprised on its value..?

When I was youger we didn't have those x game bikes, I had a old Motocross BMX, it was really fun, these new ones arn't as fun to ride i noticed, THat univaga is nice though, it's a shame it was single speeded

I have the original derailleurs for it. The bike had been rotting in someone's back yard and the shifter cables were broken/rusted tight, so I removed the derailleurs and cut off the unsalvageable cables to get it going. The brake cables work fine as is. The bike is a great ride, even after sitting in a yard for years- I haven't even tuned it up or anything.

Latest posts

Back