My Little GTO and Sloppy 4ths or 5ths.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sekine GTO....That is.
Built in Winnipeg Canada in 1977. Disc brake, top tube 5 speed, lights, musical sequential signal lights, brakelight, horn, speedo/od (with 2025km showing) , AM Radio. No A/C, lighter or ash tray though.
It takes 4 D Cells for the tail and brake lights, a 9 volt for the radio and a generator for the headlights.
I know it's not a rat, but I had to bring it out for show and tell.
HPIM5090_zps33d6ccbf.jpg
HPIM5093_zpse23954c9.jpg
HPIM5087_zps46ab7da8.jpg
sekine-2_zps81ed5b73.jpg

So I rode this bike over to the first Vintage Bike Show in Toronto and ended up finding an old Western Flyer frame that a few members here will recognize.'48 Hawthorne recognized it too when he dropped off a tank. I built it as a 3 speed and then changed it up again.
HPIM5371_zps2915c211.jpg
HPIM5330_zpse3ee61d4.jpg

Yeah there's a bike in there somewhere.
This was Sekines effort to infiltrate the Muscle Bike market in 1977, a little late and over dressed. It's based on a Japanese commuter bike with a little less flash. I had never seen another before (or since) this one. It's a fun machine though.
The larger rings on the rear cassette are skip tooth too, how strange.
The bike is a little small for me I don't have the proper track suit either, so I want to pass this one along soon.

It always seems to gather a crowd, that's for sure.
I've never had some one walk up and say "oh, I used to have one of those"

And PeeWee thought he had some cool accesories!!!!??????

I just got one of these minus all the bells and whistles. Pretty rough but should clean up nicely.

Can't seem to figure out how to post a picture though.

Welcome to the forum JHoreth, this is a very old thread on my old GTO and I look forward to seeing pics in your thread.
My bike was assembled in Canada, but I suspect the bike you have might be a Japanese model. I suspect I know the bike you have and have only seen one or two others locally in passing.
Don't forget to post a little intro in the proper forum and enjoy all that RatRodBikes has to offer.
The GTO was a pretty awesome bike, but went to a new owner last summer.
I still have the old Western flyer and have built it in a more boardtrack style this time.

Hi there
Thanks for replying, I haven't had time to look at the GTO yet but the one I have is missing the lights and radio etc, basically all the plastic. We couldn't figure out what the kooky looking racks were for till we did the interweb research and yours popped up.
Not sure why it's so hard to attach a picture; can't just copy and paste?
regards
Jeff

More pictures!

Latest posts

Back