My New FREE Tryke

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a call about a tryke a lady wanted to give away. Told me she wanted it to go to a good home where someone would repair and enjoy it. She even met me halfway (about 20 miles) to aid in picking it up.

First off What brand is it? From my research it resembles a Husky with the large tube frame. Its prety solid 24 in. but needs all new tubes. The front wheel has a drum and also calliper brake which were shot. I took off the cables and calliper so i can replace them with a set from a junked mountain bike. Spokes need tightening and a couple of wheels are warped some but thats no big deal. If all goes well i should have it riding in a few days. Cant complain it was free. You hardly ever see a tryke for sale here and if you do they are very high.

za37.jpg

nice bike for the price :D

looks sorta Worksman... I have two three wheelers and neither looks like that frame.. but my folding Worksman does have almost the exact same design..minus the two wheeled rear end.

and it looks like it was blue originally.. both my trikes are that exact same color.. think it must of been mandatory for a while hahaha

Yeah was blue underneath. A friend of mine says he will fix the back wheel for me. Both rears are warped and the right rear is the drive wheel. It has several broken/bent spokes. That worries me because those arent regular bike wheels i could scavenge from a junk bike.

yeah.. both of mine had serious wheel issues.. the rim replacement looked difficult but possible on both.. thought maybe using a front rim for replacement but was able to straighten them out enough to run..
I'm still getting used to the feeling of constantly feeling like the bike is gonna tip over to one side or the other due to road slant

The fork and drum brake look like the Worksman trikes we have at my job.
That is a nice grab.

what are the spoke length and gauge? I have a taco'd trike conversion rim that most of the spokes are good on. pm me and we can figure out how to get them to you.

Troy

Now i have everything repaired and ready to go. New rear tires and front calliper brakes from an old mtn. bike. Had all 3 wheels trued and a bunch of new spokes in the right rear drive wheel.

za48.jpg

Latest posts

Back