my rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Rollfast from Langsmer. I decided on a quick Rat bike . I will probably go some other direction,but for now I stuck a worksman wheelset ,some mini apes and an old set of torrington pedals on it. I'm still iffy on the tank because without fenders it kinda looks a little out of place. I have the fenders and a chainguard but I'm pretty much liking it Rat style. Once again I'm faced with the age old delimma of saving a marginal paint job for posterity ,or redoing it right. I know there are two schools of thought on this ,and some believe if there is any shread of original paint left you are suppose to clean it and shoot clear over it. The others think ...sand it ...redo it and make it look like a new bike. I'm in no hurry on this one so the final decision will follow later.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

Looks super cool as is....of course, you know how I feel about original paint...ha ha.

The guys who want it done "right" are over on The CABE. :lol:

That bike has a really nice (here comes the buzz word)...PATINA! :D

Figured it needed some strut rods. Thought I could build some. The only rod I have is 3/8 stainless tubing. Makes them look kinda big ha ha . I guess they really need to be smaller tubing. Oh well live and learn,and there is always tomorrow.

sr7-1.jpg

go single speed klunker! Keep the heavy duty trusses.Throw some Big ole knobbys on it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
...and stretch it about 6" :D :D :D

Markm said:
go single speed klunker! Keep the heavy duty trusses.Throw some Big ole knobbys on it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
...and stretch it about 6" :D :D :D
ok mark your a trouble maker. Stretch a good frame ,I'm already catching flack because I remove "PATINA" . Besides the stretching days are over....but I build a cool wheel.ha ha

know there are two schools of thought on this ,and some believe if there is any shread of original paint left you are suppose to clean it and shoot clear over it. The others think ...sand it ...redo it and make it look like a new bike.

The factory paint tends to be a lot harder and more durable than the rattlecan variety, but bikes get scratched no matter what.

Bottom line, it's your bike. Do what ever makes you the happiest with it.

langsmer said:
That came out pretty darn well. 8)
I always wanted a rollfast and when I saw you parting yours I had to have it. Right now its in a mockup stage with old parts. Once I see the direction I will do it right. I bid on a crank on ebay because I messed up one on a Hiawatha. It turned out to be the one like yours and they both came the same day. Kinda fate. Rethreaded the one on the Hiawatha and now everybody is happy, and Thanks again. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back