My wifes 60's rollfast. "She's got the rat bug"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The wife and I were looking at the local vintage swap meet for some thing to spice up the living room. When we came across an unmolested all original early 60's ladies rollfast. The price was decent at $100 so we asked if we could take it down from the hooks and get a closer look. My wife flipped the switch of the light and as soon as it turned on she had to have it. The front rim had a couple broken spokes so i swapped out the wheelset for a spare i had laying around. I just need to order a layback post and a new front tube(stem leaks) and she's all set.

Thanks guys. This bike was barly used. It looks garage kept since the original paint is still flawless with minimal scratches and scuffs. The truxel seat still has the original paper factory approval under the pan.

My wife wanted to switch things up a little bit, so the creative juices started flowing.
First some different higher psi kenda kwick 2×1.95 tires

The fit is a little tight on the oem fork so I prepped a spare for some faux patina. After a good finish I gloss clear coated and baked it.

She always wanted a banana seat so I scored this frome Chad "slowriderz" and picked up a sissy bar from my lbs.

It's going to be close with the post. I won't know until the nanas delivered.

Had to order a post to get it at the perfect stance. She loves it and I get some lovin. Win & win.

Back