My Workplace , 9/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My Workplace w/photo's

I have the movies and MP3's Funny stuff. I like the ice cream truck they had in "Nice Dreams"

Guess what I got to work on today ? heres a hint

001-45.jpg

here's another hint
002-45.jpg

I handpolished these wheels today
003-45.jpg

and cleaned the frame /fork/polished it up,its an 81
004-34.jpg

005-32.jpg

It belongs to the other mechanic I work with, he used to ride it years ago, just leaving it in survivor state for the owners museum.
Here's the other project, a Yuba Mondo cargo bike, I sanded down and repainted, may have a barbeque when we get done with it.
007-27.jpg

Re: My Workplace , FUN Projects

Cool Beans,

do you work or Dave Sr. Or is the Son a Dave Also ?? Dose he have any old Skip tooth 30's 40 's Schwins ??
Ask Dave If Mr Gilliand is still with us . Also ask Dave if he still rides his Paramount off road out at the lake launch ramp. .... its been a while lol. Ask him if he still rides his Paramount to Hopland & Back everyday to train. Dose he still have the White 67 VW Bug & fiannly, dose he still have all his hair lol. Do Chester P. & his brothers still live in the aera ??

Can you guys do the old Schwinn 2 speed kick back rebuilds there yet ggtg??

It must be costing ya a ton for gas to commute everyday.

Wingman said:
Cool Beans,

do you work or Dave Sr. Or is the Son a Dave Also ?? Dose he have any old Skip tooth 30's 40 's Schwins ??
Ask Dave If Mr Gilliand is still with us . Also ask Dave if he still rides his Paramount off road out at the lake launch ramp. .... its been a while lol. Ask him if he still rides his Paramount to Hopland & Back everyday to train. Dose he still have the White 67 VW Bug & fiannly, dose he still have all his hair lol. Do Chester P. & his brothers still live in the aera ??

Can you guys do the old Schwinn 2 speed kick back rebuilds there yet ggtg??

It must be costing ya a ton for gas to commute everyday.
Good to hear from ya, As far as Dave's family , his mom comes in to sweep, and bring baked goods, I don't think he has a VW, but he has his dads old Dodge van in back, he has a choice BFG Schwinn up in the warehouse and a seriously patina'd diamond framed Schwinn from the 40's that is way cool, I know he doesn't ride to Hopland anymore but is still active with the local rides, Hair ??? , gas I spend $40 a week, will find more details when I can.

bendix yellow band 2 speeds ..... is Repair avaliable at Daves ??

Gooday everyone,

" I think between the three of us we can get it done,Personally I have rebuilt my kickback redband on my spaceliner, I will find out, And he remembers you :shock: :lol: I think between the three of us we can get it done,"

LOL , Sooo he figured it out did he . It Musta been the clues. Ask him how many drivers doors were put on his bug ..... It killed me at the time but now I can look back & laugh . Can you say Young & Dumb

OK so how dose this work .... I could proably do the rebuild on the hub , and even proably make all the widgets & gizmos to do it with , BUT Im getting to the place in life that I don't have to prove it to meself anymore lol .... and besides I dont work at a bike shop so Im not a profesional at all this lol. You two are. Who knows, it may just have hardend grease in it & need just to be dissasmbld, cleaned & repacked/ Greased/ reassmbled. . Wouldn't that be nice , not need any parts lol.

Soo I provide the said suspect wheel/Hub , Dave Provides the Faciality , and you & the rest of the repair Units do the work ???
Im Kinda bussy rite now restoring a genuwine Meyers Manx .... what was I thinking lol.

It was Rescued from behind a chicken coupe so its rough but dooable
Basicly a Hand Made Vehicle.

Nothing made for them & What ya can buy always needs lots of work/ tweeking to make it fit or work rite . Kinda like the Nitro Parts thing, Pay way too much for it & then have to spend hours on the mill to make it work rite sort of project lol.

The next thing I restore will proabbly be a Ride A Mower for me lawn. Way less work yano .

Back to you , your turn , go aheasd , over ok.

Oh yea, ment to ask about swing bike parts. I need a rear Fender for one. .
Do you have any doner bikes in your Big Old Pile of Bikes in Lake County ??

Wingman said:
Oh yea, ment to ask about swing bike parts. I need a rear Fender for one. .
Do you have any doner bikes in your Big Old Pile of Bikes in Lake County ??
Well I finally got an answer, as far as the bike shop rebuilding it , Dave said there is info online :roll: basicly the boss has spoken,oh well I tried, swingbike fenders ? I don't , I would have an easier time finding Meyers Manx info,,, literally my dad has a bunch of vw mags from the sixties he is getting rid of ,,,lmk

I am aware of the Info Online reguarding fixing these things. I was wanting a proesional to do it & Pay for the service from someone I trusted..... Oh well

DO NOT throw away the old VW Mags I REPEATE .... DO NOT get rid of them ..... throw them in my garbage can please. . My Dads old racecar may be in them . He had a VW on 98 % Nitro back in 1968 / 1969

Thanks for asking about the 2 speed ..... It looks doomed. I was going to have it laced into a 24 " wheel like the other two I own with thick bricks on them .

On the flip side that tells me Dave is Pretty bussy with the easy stuff .... take the easy money lol.
I wont bother asking if he would like any old bikes for the Museam .... lol He's proably too busy for that too. Oh well .

I haven't had much luck with any of the OBS's with the hub . Its like it came from Outer Space or sometin. Seems like everone is scared of it ..... bussy enough with the easy things.
Thanks anyway for asking bud
I wish everyone & you well & goodluck with the new job.
Sounds like fun !
Stephen

If I had more time , I would do it myself, I am over my head in my own stuff much less taking anything else on, He is still working on getting the bike rental thing going, I have a whole fleet of Trek 29' mt bikes to build,on top of everything else.

MplsCoaster said:
Gold Street Customs said:
002-45.jpg

I handpolished these wheels today
003-45.jpg

005-32.jpg

Sweet job on the rims!!
I finally gave up on Mag Ray and painted over the unmoving red color that was left
What's your secret?
Luckily it was just tarnish I had to deal with, but if you have an automotive machine shop in the area, take the hubs out and hot tank them works really well for stripping paint.

Re: My Workplace , road bike pics 7/19

I like those Ksyriums. The machined portion between each spoke is genius for lightening.

Latest posts

Back