Name Opie's $4.00 bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
opies buddy "Howie" past on it :mrgreen:
Picture564.jpg

you watch waaaaaaay to much of "THE ANDY GRIFFTH SHOW" :D Opie is loving the "MUSCLE BIKE"(Huffy"?) in the 3rd pic :mrgreen: it looks to have a springer though :?:

Looks like it may be a Monark with that chainring.

That's the episode where Barney takes on selling real estate as a second job and it starts off with Opie trying to put one over on his buddy by selling him his beat up bike. :mrgreen:

And yes you are correct...we watch way too much TAGS at my house.

Barney Fife's bike looks like a Schwinn Tiger with the rack, painted chainguard but it's missing the headlight but the bracket is still on it. Opie's last bike looks like three speed BSA going by the downtube graphics, and crank/sprocket. Though a lot of those British three speeds were pretty much all the same...BSA/Rudge/Robin Hood/Hercules. They were all made by Raleigh and pretty much used all the parts with just cosmetic things...decals, paint, sprocket. I'm not too good with muscle bikes and most non Schwinn stuff.

Oh and step away from the TV and shut off the DVD player and get some fresh air...your losing it! lol.

Rat Rod said:
I've got a few more for ya. :mrgreen:

tags6.jpg

All 8 seasons on DVD. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: thats the same Raleigh / Huffy I got in pieces in front of me!!!...

IMG_20101211_195947.jpg

scrumblero said:
Rat Rod said:
I've got a few more for ya. :mrgreen:

tags6.jpg

All 8 seasons on DVD. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: thats the same Raleigh / Huffy I got in pieces in front of me!!!...

IMG_20101211_195947.jpg

I can see the Craigslist add now, Rare, Vintage, Antique, Andy Griffith bike from the hit t.v. show, This bike was believed to be owned by the one and only Opie Taylor, It's value will only go up with time. This is your chance to own a real piece of Hollywood History. Great piece of Americana! American Pickers Welcome! $2500 Cash money TODAY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

untill i saw this thread, i had forgoten that show was ever in color. maybe i shoulda watched it more, but aunt bee got on my nerves.

outskirtscustoms said:
I can see the Craigslist add now, Rare, Vintage, Antique, Andy Griffith bike from the hit t.v. show, This bike was believed to be owned by the one and only Opie Taylor, It's value will only go up with time. This is your chance to own a real piece of Hollywood History. Great piece of Americana! American Pickers Welcome! $2500 Cash money TODAY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

DUDE!! your a genius! I'm gonna cut and paste that right into the craigs ad!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry guys...the last pic isn't of Opie.

Just a scene where Andy is telling some kid to stop riding on the street and then Andy rams into the back of Aunt B's new car...ha ha! :lol:

But post that pic on craigslist (home of 90% idiots) with a pic of the bike and the pic from the show and how many people would remember it?

Just for the record I was trying to be sarcastic.

Back