Nead Columbia fork help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Im finishing up a handbuilt bike that ive been workin on for about 2 years for a scholorship.The problem is it has a old girls columbia fork on it, identical to the ones on the 5 star bikes. The fork is good but the spring chrome is gettting bad. I called memorylane and they only have the whole fork, and its expensive. Im running out of time. Can somebody please give me the name of a website or place where I can get a brand new spring assembaly (spring, bolt, locking bolts, etc.)

Thanks

nope,that was springs for a schwinn style springer, im looking for a spring for Columbia 5 star style springer

thanks,anyways.

You may have luck over on theCABE (another old bikes forum, a lot of the same members here and there but you can sometimes get the parts you need there in a pinch: http://www.thecabe.com). You could try posting a formal ad over in the classifieds here...? Someone has got to have what you need between the two sites. Have you considered cleaning the chrome, or it too far gone by? Most chrome on old bikes is easily cleaned to look presentable at least....

Back