Need Help, Custom old style Springers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ok im trying to come up with a way to make a decent looking old school style springer fork without welding.. :|
something like
103_0038.jpg

1999-old-school-softail-chopper-21647600.jpg

julie-bikini-model-harley-chopper.jpg

i Need help, any concepts/drawings.. even failed experiments... 'always interesting what you people come up with.. :D
and of course things you have built, show off me your custom original designs.. gotta love innovation..

im going to try to build a moto-stingray sooner or later when i get some cash flow.. im pretty dead right now.. :(

The amount of welding you need to make that Brain springer is pretty minimal. if your on a budget its a good way to go I think. All those forks in those photos you posted have weldign on them by the way. I read that john Brain still uses the springer he made in that article, and thats like 7 or more years now, crazy.

yeah i know the ones listed above are welded..
i was wondering if there was a easy bolt together build or a fork i could buy to bolt on the other springer parts..
maybe even a conversion kit..

Too many different triple trees, and every one seems to have different specs for fork tube size and width. Thats probably why nobody ever tried to make a conversion kit, too many variables. Just buy a ChoppersUS springer or make your own like that one in the link Mastec posted. I have never heard of a conversion kit to make a springer out of a stock triple tree. Cause what tree would they make it for?

Back