Need help with I.D.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's for sale and the guy says it's a 67 Schwinn but I know the sprocket and kick stand are not but is the frame and not sure if it's a 20 24. Any help would be great.
857f8f0c39649b9ac411c483959a880f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bent fork might be Schwinn. The frame isn't, but I like it! Looptail! I have no idea what brand.
The chain wheel is AMF. It looks like some damage on the frame at the kickstand, looks flattened. That may or may not be the right chain guard.

Yes it does look very similar to the Colson. I'm thinking it is a 24". I think the chain guard is off a 20" muscle bike. I didn't notice the frame near the kickstand it does look damaged. Big question do you think it's worth $100? I'm thinking no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a Colson, worth every bit of $100 if you want that bike. If you're looking for a flip, that'd be a bit pricey if you're looking to profit.

I'd haggle. You already know some parts are missing...some are damaged (stem)...and others incorrect. I certainly would not let the seller know the bike is a quarter-century older than he believes.

Size is hard to tell from the photo alone, but it may be a full-size 26". The chainring (a desirable AMF star-spangled) doesn't appear oversize compared to the frame.

Back