New Canadian Rat Rod Biker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say Hello to everyone on the forum. I live in Southern Ontario Canada. I saw this forum and I had to join. I was into Mountain biking many years ago but got out of due to work and other things in life. Now i am back in to the bike seen and now want to get involved in the rat rod bike seen. A few months back I found this bike and fell in love with it. I was just going to restore it but I might stretch it a few inches and customize it. It is a little dirty but it will come clean.

I clean some of the old paint and found out it was a old Supercycle. A Canadian tire bike. (Canadian hardware store). I also found that it might be a girls frame. The top tube is not really a tube. It is just a piece of flat metal shaped in to look like a top tube. But once I get done with it, I hope it will be like of the ones on this forum. I must say there are a few nice bikes on this forum. I can't wait to start taking apart this bike and get it rolling again.

Here is a picture of my new ride....

P3310011.jpg

Thanxs for looking......

Is that top tube factory? I think it is. I seem to remember bikes like this with a hollow sheet metal top frame that you just removed to make it a girls bike. Canadian Tire has always had decent bikes....maybe not the best in the world but half decent. As a kid it was pretty much the number one place to go for parts like seats, pedals, locks, cables etc. Still is in a lot of ways! I was just there the other day and picked up some new handgrips for my daughters bike, a new seat for my wife's bike and noticed some 27" tires there too for old 10 speeds.

Back