New CWC addiction...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Well got one for myself and realized the lady needed one too....I am officially a pre war bike lover.
DSCN0733.JPG
DSCN0744.JPG

Dave some collectors say that is the natural progression of the hobby, you will be a TOC guy after your prewar stage. I don't know about that, I am stuck in the late 30's to mid 50's balloon bikes with nice curves and stylish tanks. I think the TOC bikes are just to angular for me.

Nice bikes, they will make a fine pair of rides for you and your lady!

Dave some collectors say that is the natural progression of the hobby, you will be a TOC guy after your prewar stage. I don't know about that, I am stuck in the late 30's to mid 50's balloon bikes with nice curves and stylish tanks. I think the TOC bikes are just to angular for me.

Interesting theory, I rode modern bikes till recently, middleweights lost their luster quickly, these big well built bikes with personality and parts availability at a decent price seem to suit my britches just fine! Getting girls ones and ugly ones helps the wallet too and IMO have been just as much fun to research, fix up and ride!

I agree with @Big Ape, TOC bikes are a bit angular.
I have to warn you about CWC bikes tho, they're kind of like crack of the bicycle world. Atleast to some of us.
Couple of nice rides you've got there.

Turn of the (last) century bikes have their charm I suppose, but between the plethora of proprietary systems and parts, and straight tubed diamond and "moto" frames, they just don't speak to me like a nice ballooner or modded middlewieght. Strangely though, MTBs and bmx "cruisers" do. :grin:

What took you so long, Dave.....no pre wars in your 'hood?
Well, I like trail riding and my fixie...then i got this old bike bug in my bum...I was OK with the 60's bikes until I rode my first ballooner (DX schwinn) then I got this prewar CWC. After a trip up my old dirt road on it and around the country block I knew I had arrived at my destination! Ratty old prewar CWC's are for me!

Well, I like trail riding and my fixie...then i got this old bike bug in my bum...I was OK with the 60's bikes until I rode my first ballooner (DX schwinn) then I got this prewar CWC. After a trip up my old dirt road on it and around the country block I knew I had arrived at my destination! Ratty old prewar CWC's are for me!
just think how many more boodies have been sittin' on those pre wars than your middleweights! Ugg. Disgusting thought, eh?

just think how many more boodies have been sittin' on those pre wars than your middleweights! Ugg. Disgusting thought, eh?
That's kinda weird...

A 36' CWC Hawthorne brought me to RRB, raggedy New Departure hub and all...love it!

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Ah yes, the CWC addiction. They are among my all time favorite frames. The lines are so smooth, I never get tired of these bikes!

It's not pre-war, but here's mine.
100_5622_zps257dcadd.jpg

100_5628_zpsec2610ba.jpg

Last edited:
Dave I believe there is a page that is just dedicated to the smooth lined hump back CwC . Don't forget to post some pictures there & check out the rest of every one else's. [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

........I feel so left out ........I need to find one now, cheap!
I got the girls bike for under $100 each and mine I traded for a bike I paid $60 for...if ya dont mind a lil rattyness they are to be found cheap!!! Just not in MI, cause them ones all be mine...muwhahahhaha

Latest posts

Back