New from IL/IN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I'm glad to have found this site!!!! I've been into bikes most my life moving from BMX -> Freestyle -> Observed Trials -> Mountain Bikes, but I've never spent much time with cruisers. I'm a fan of pretty much anything with wheels though & enjoy the ratrod style - I just don't have the time or money for any more large projects. I pulled 7-old bikes from the 70's out of my neighbor's shed a couple weeks ago & started getting some ideas. I'll start a build thread, since it's not quite finished, but here's pics of a couple projects in the works.

IMG_0584.jpg

This first one is a bit of an oddball - it's a 1977 Sears Free Spirit "Hydraulic", one of the(if not "the*) first production bikes with hydraulic rim brakes. I've stripped it down and almost have completed the single-speed/track bike conversion on it. It rides nice, though it's a bit weird having both brakes controlled by one lever.

IMG_0593.jpg

This one has been a short - but very fun - project. The frame is a late-70's Coast-to-Coast 10-speed, while most of the parts were from a 70's All-Pro girl's bike. I splurged on a set of decent eBay wheels, and picked up some new tires. I'll start a separate thread on this one now...

Thanks for having this awesome site!!!

Back