New from NC

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, My kid got a new bike for Christmas and we took his old bikes and put them together ( father and son project ). We had a blast doing it so we went web surfing to see if there were anyone else who was doing this and we found this site. Were just starting out, you guys are hard core.
Well since that first bike we have been collecting bikes to work on ( my wife thinks were nuts !!!!! ) We have not finished a project yet, but we will, and we will continue to have fun. I love being considered the cool dad by the other kids in the 'hood.

our first bike is a cheap 20"wal-mart bike with a 16" front tire and a smaller Fat back tire from a newer schwinn chopper and we threw on some butterfly bars that we found under our house. we plan to paint it soon.
GunnerApril2009020.jpg

GunnerApril2009021.jpg

So here is another poject for the future - 70's Sears bike
GunnerApril2009028.jpg

GunnerApril2009031.jpg

an old 16" murray with 20" jc higgins fork. it is going to need lots of work
GunnerApril2009032.jpg

GunnerApril2009033.jpg

1967 schwinn that was made into a low rider a long time ago - it had this really bad bondo tank molded into it. I already took that off.
GunnerApril2009016.jpg

GunnerApril2009019.jpg

and we have others but these are our working projects for now.

We also found this old john deere bike that someone turned into a single speed and put butterfly bars on. Bike is cheap but it has a john deere badge so we will do something with it.
GunnerApril2009024.jpg

GunnerApril2009026.jpg

You guys have a great site.

welcome :mrgreen:
cool stuff!! Really diggin the old sears.
Throw a banana seat on the Next bike and call it done!! :D

Galtbacken said:
Welcome! :)
That old Murray is cool the way it is!!

When I found it the fork was rusted and broken so I had 2 old higgins frames and extra parts so I threw it together. My kids love it they call it the "Tetanus shot death trap". :lol:

Back