New guy from southern Ohio

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
0530151706.jpg
0530151709.jpg
0530151706.jpg
0530151709.jpg
Thanks for letting me join! Lots of cool bikes and ideas on here! I am kind of new to bikes again; I did co-own a bike shop back home in Montana, but been away from the scene for quite a while. I do have a few bikes, though. I have an older Schwinn mountain bike and a new Townie. Plus two new projects. Plus a Harley...and some other toys.

My interest got sparked again from a friend that was building a low-rider bike a while ago. That is not so much my style, but I REALLY like the old stuff, and the board track bikes in particular.

I recently picked up a Schwinn Corvette and this other so-far unidentified pre-modified cruiser. My first project is going to be the black one, and I want to make it into a board track kind of bike. It will actually be more of a prop for a project I am working on, but will also be ride-able. Details as I go...I suppose I need start a thread in the "builds" section for that...?

Really looking forward to my newest hobby and learning a lot! You guys have already influenced my mind, and you have got my wheels turning (so to speak)!

Welcome! The Corvette looks great, I'll bet the paint shines up very well. The other bike is also a Schwinn, with an older style springer, it may be a Phantom. The serial numbers will give the year of those two bikes. The Corvette's number is on the left dropout, same with the other or maybe on the bottom bracket. And Tiger grips! Those are hard to find. Those are 2 good bikes to start with.
If I were living in southern Ohio, I would look for many old bikes in the numerous barns there.

Wildcat, I thought those grips were kind of rare. Bad part is, they are both split. Look good on the shelf, I guess.

Wildcat, I thought that black bike was a Schwinn as well, but the serial number does not indicate that.

It is under the BB, and it is HJ301295. I looked at the pages on here for Schwinn serial numbers and so far nothing corresponds to that.

Still looking, and researching it.

Welcome to site site, I too am in south Ohio. Lancaster,not far from Chili. Looking forward to seeing some how your builds turn out.

Back