New guy from WI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi.

New to the bike world after getting out of biking when i got my DL. Been 7 years since i rode a bike, but a few weeks ago a rc rock crawling buddy talked me into getting a bike and it just grew into an addiction since.

I started with a Schwinn Hurrican, added a red chain. then got a AMF roadmaster Schrocer out of our storage unit. Bike sat in there for 15 years since my Great Uncle gave the bike to us. Decided it was time to yank it out and give it a new life. Bike was orginally a 10 speed road bike but my uncle special ordered it new in the 70s with the cruiser saddle, bars and fenders and the bike is still 100% orginal down to the brakes and tires witch are still like new.

Then I got a schwinn el derado. was a nice but until it hit the highway at 70mph. wasnt orginal and bing an 2007 wasnt to upset about it. gave me a good start for my Rat Roaster bike. The only parts to get totaled where the bars, seat and fender. Springer is still good.

Also on the same day as the el. I got a brand new never ridden Schwinn Stingray Chopper.

Bought a Sears Free Spirit for $25 to use as a parts bike. was all orginal too.

then got another OCC stingray in decent shape for $25.

So int he span of 2-3 weeks I now have 6 bike all stored in my buddies basement along with his collection of 14-15 bikes. Dont rember everything he has but 1 of his scores was a 1970's Sears Spyder for $75.

Will get pics of my bikes along with all of my buddies over the weekend.

Might alos try and pick up a Ross Barracuda.

ratcycle said:
Welcome to the site. Where r u located in WI?

Fox Valley area is where I ride with friends, We are taking a trip up to Door County july 6-8th for some biking.

here are a few pics of our bikes. I do have another bike I got tonight that aint pictured along with my buddies GT, M80, 10 speed, 1956 schwinn, early to mid 40s scwhinn skiptooth and custom chopper project bike.

My bikes

Huffy Jesse James Chopper " bobber"
2 scwhinn Sting Ray choppers
Schwinn Hurrican
AMF roadmaster
Schwinn el derado (in peices for repair)
S&R Free Spirit x2, one from the 50's and one from the 60's or could be 60s & 70's. both are parts bikes, goning to use the frames for the headtubes and bottoms brackets for custom chopper builds.
not pictured is the 1974 or 1975 Schwinn Speedster with 3 speed SA s3c.

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

and to custom choppers another buddy of ours built. the dark red with flames is about 9ft long and rides sweet.
IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

The yellow chopper tank is that custom, and if so does he/she have a plan or drawing on how he/she made it. I want to build one really badly.

Sweet assortment of bikes! I am also from Wisconsin! Sauk prairie/ Lodi area above Madison.

Oh cool! I remember now that you convinced me to do a trike FARMALL build instead of using a two wheel setup. I haven't started on that project yet though :p

Latest posts

Back