New guy new builds😎

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My account just got approved so im excited to start sharing my ideas and projects with yall! 25 years old from Illinois. Have 2 projects going on right now (kinda 3) and getting a bike delivered to me at 3pm today! I have a 1961 Schwinn tiger that im working on, and a 68 stingray. Getting another 26 inch schwinn today, not sure what year yet..
IMG_4832.jpeg
IMG_4756.jpeg

i wish i had more pictures of this one. Popped my back innertube while taking the tire off

74754419730__CD3E4842-8E5A-415C-A7E0-432921D2E305.jpeg

That green paint should shine up nicely, the matching saddle is killer
Yea man the paint is in good condition it looks real nice, not too sure what i wanna do with it yet but its a 1962 😎 pretty sure its a corvette?? Not too sure.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Shes a bit scuffed up but still good condition

That green paint should shine up nicely, the matching saddle is killer
And with a crash rail to boot. The 2 speed ND hub is before 1960 I think. I took a 64 American all apart and cleaned each part, then waxed it and it looked like a new bike. Schwinn used good paint and baked it on and also had excellent chrome. You can get the manufacture date from the serial number on the rear left dropout and possibly ID the model also.

Now I see where you say it's a 62. It's a Corvette because it was the only 1962 bike in green with chrome fenders.
1727080766887.jpeg

Your serial number will give the date of manufacture. It's on the left rear dropout, I think the bike is older than 62.

Bendix made 2 speed hubs back then. They had red band and yellow band 2 speed automatic hubs, you shifted by pedaling slightly backward. Yours is a manual 2 speed and has a shifter on the handlebars that is used to go between low and high gears.

bndxmsdia.jpg

Latest posts

Back