New Guy, New Schwinn Spitfire

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Just signed up. I bought me a 78 Schwinn Spitfire Today for around 130 bucks, guy had new tires, new rims with heavier duty spokes and a new Schwinn 7 Springer front end put on. I rode it almost two miles home and enjoyed it.

Hope you guys can help me make it look awesome and make it into a really good daily ride!!

IMG_6819.jpg

Wow...it looks great as is!

I believe that 78 was the only year for the Spitfire...or was that the Klunker?

Welcome to the fun! :D

Rat Rod said:
Wow...it looks great as is!

I believe that 78 was the only year for the Spitfire...or was that the Klunker?

Welcome to the fun! :D

Thank you. The picture does not show it, but he forks are a much brighter paint than the frame. I was thinking of trying to paint match but I think it will be hard to do.

I will have much better pictures over the next couple days.

So A friend gave me a fender he had laying around, not my first choice in color but regardless I was going to paint it.

But After a slight shorting, I pre installed it a bit, to see how it looks, and I kinda like it. I am still wondering if I should shorten it anymore though. I am also thinking I should leave the front fenderless. Mostly cause the Springer folk seems ot be kinda a hardball to get a fender to install on it.

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6834.jpg

IMG_6835.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

Latest posts

Back