New Haven CT.Bust a gut bike run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw on the Nerrb Simsbury Ct. bike run post some RRBers would like to run New Haven.Me,Stevil and Jerry Chopper 49er run this all the time from Chesire down to the New Haven green on the Farmington Greenway railtrail and stop for a round at Weed's Cafe which is our regular pitstop and then to New Haven to O'Tooles which is right next to the Devils Gear bikeshop on Orange St.Theres also the Black Bear and The Russian Lady on Temple st,also decent choices.Would like to see if theres any interest in which we can discuss a future date for this bike run when we ride next Sun on the NERRB Simsbury to Southwick run in the afternoon.This is a decent railtrail which is asphalt paved and virtually all flat and is nice crusin!

I'm with you BTR, cool ride down from Cheshire,put out some
Sunday dates an we'll check the calender. ...Stevil

That’ll be a cool ride to go on!

We need to arrange for a rendezvous point while on the Simsbury Ride, for both the early and late rides.

Open to suggestions.

Me and Stevil ran this sun,had to start a little further south because of a runners marathon but we still put on 18mi.We went to Devils Gear and to O'Tooles and then a couple times around the ol fountain where Steves "BIKEZILLA" was grabbin eyeballs and then back on the trail.The ride back north was a little taxing with a headwind and you know whoe's bike giving us some grief:rolleyes:!! Was a good day.

New Haven is a good time,heres
023.JPG
009.JPG
006.JPG
017.JPG
016.JPG
020.JPG
023.JPG
024.JPG
025.JPG
029.JPG
031.JPG
032.JPG
036.JPG
034.JPG
039.JPG
041.JPG
042.JPG
043.JPG
045.JPG
046.JPG
some pics from the past:

Nice shots of the Achey Bones Bike Club with our dear beloved
Arnie (doing recon in Heaven) , in past NH rides. Many sites,most
unexpected.

I'll do that ride with you guys. Looks like fun. I really like New Haven.

Hey, I was running the Cheshire half marathon that ganked some of your rail trail last Sunday. Sorry.

Nice shots of the Achey Bones Bike Club with our dear beloved
Arnie (doing recon in Heaven) , in past NH rides. Many sites,most
unexpected.
Our Bro Arnie,severly miss:(ed,yes he's doing recon missions on the bike path streets of gold up there:thumbsup:The Ache Bones bike club lives!!

I'll do that ride with you guys. Looks like fun. I really like New Haven.

Hey, I was running the Cheshire half marathon that ganked some of your rail trail last Sunday. Sorry.
Yeah there was quite a few runners and cops all over.I was directed and redirected on narrow roads through Chesire.Not sure but I think I took a couple of you guys out cause that big ol chopper is quite a bit wider than my car--that musta hurt!!:blush:Be good to get you down here on a New Haven run,hope we'll see you on sun on the Simsbury ride to discuss.

9 NERRBers showed for a Simsbury ride 5/4 ,how many can ride
down to New Haven and how many more riders are nearby?
Get a Bring a Friend discount....Stevil

9 NERRBers showed for a Simsbury ride 5/4 ,how many can ride
down to New Haven and how many more riders are nearby?
Get a Bring a Friend discount....Stevil
I’m in and bring a couple of friends:
article-0-129C0DB7000005DC-109_634x820.jpg

monkey-bike.jpg

bicycle-riding-raccoon.jpg

These guys are animals on a bicycle.

If monkeys go on the ride I'm out. I don't like monkeys. I'm ok with raccoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If monkeys go on the ride I'm out. I don't like monkeys. I'm ok with raccoons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You obviously didn't notice the Ache Bones prefered snack on the trail:banana:!!!,besides the racoon would probably have a hard time keeping up on that set of wheels and probably wouldn't get served at the bar because he looks way under age!!

Last edited:
You obviously didn't notice the Ache Bones prefered snack on the trail:banana:!!!,besides the racoon would probably have a hard time keeping up on that set of wheels and probably wouldn't get served at the bar because he looks way under age!!
Perhaps my childhood friend, Old Dog, in his spandex riding suit, can both keep-up and be served at, the bar with us.
070301_14204_lunalycra_ug.grid-6x2.jpg

What kinds of people dress their animals like that anyway? People dressing their animals for cycling while some people undress themselves for cycling – this world is confused I’m telling you, this world is confused!

ah, Not at our bar,thanks.
ZL,do you search for these pics or have them filed in a folder?

Back