New issue of BR & K on line

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a cool bit of info. Hey maybe for a future build off we could do a "traditional build off" All parts must be from a certain year or older, say 1960 or whatever. A tribute to the original bicycle rodders. Just a thought. :wink:

Sorry Steve, I've got cabin fever, it's in the 20's here and I wanna build something :D It would be a cool idea for next year.

Personally, that idea seems a little exclusive to me... I mean here older bikes are harder to come by in the first place, blus I think there is probably a good number of people here who may not know exactly how old their parts are. And does that mean you have to use ALL pre 196x parts, nuts, bolts, bearings, tubes, tires, etc? I dunno. The more rules/criteria you have for a buildoff, the more ridiculous and nitpicky people will get. Like Rat Rod said, Everyday's a buildoff. I had one in my living room the other day. :mrgreen:

Its so cool that modern rat rod bikes are so close to those original bikes from California. I had never seen any of that stuff about kustom bikes made before 1963. It would be great to see a build off that went after the style of those early bikes. The 1958 bike is just as cool as the 1961.

http://bikerodnkustom5.homestead.com/br ... ory58.html

Dorian

Back