New member from Alabama!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys! I have been collecting balloon tire bikes from the 30's to the 50's for several years, but I'm new to the rat bike scene. I recently ran across a late 30's (I think) Firesone Pilot that is too far gone to restore, so I decided to rat rod it. I have several Schwinns, a Shelby Traveller, a '41 Hawthorne Victory, a skip tooth Seminole girls' bike, and skip tooth Collegiate that I am unsure of who manufactured it. I admit that I have a lot to learn even about my own bikes, and you guys seem to be very knowledgeable. These bikes were before my time, but I found a '39 Schwinn B-6 when I was 12 years, and fell in love. My dad painted cars and always had hot rods, so he helped me restore it, and I rode that badboy until I started driving. All my friends were riding 26" 10 speed mountain bikes, but I was riding that beautiful Schwinn! I will post some pictures of my bikes later when I get home from work.

Welcome rat pilot, would like to see pic's of your bikes. I can't believe it, I beat markm to say welcome to RRB's :lol:

welcome!

lets see some photos

where in Alabama are ya?

Thanks guys. Here's some pics of the Pilot and Shelby Traveler. The Shelby isn't really a rat bike, but the colors gives it a rat rod look.

The bike sat in the weather for at least 30 years, but when I found it, I just couldn't stand to not do something with it. I'm afraid I would destroy it just trying to take it apart, so I'm going to leave it as it is.

Picture004.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

I love how you can still see the scallops and stripes under the surface rust.

Picture003.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture002.jpg

PILOT2.jpg

The Shelby is all original except for the red tires. They are repros.

Picture015.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Welcome! You already have people drooling!

Here's some of the others.

Skip tooth Collegiate. I haven't found much info on this bike. I'm not sure who actually made it. I'm hoping you guys can help out.

COLLEGIATE4.jpg

COLLEGIATE3.jpg

COLLEGIATE2.jpg

Skip tooth Seminole girls bike.
SEMINOLE1.jpg

seminole4.jpg

SEMINOLE2.jpg

1941 Hawthorne Victory. Sorry for the crappy pics. It is stored at my father's garage along with my old B-6.

HAWTHORNE2.jpg

HAWTHORNE4.jpg

HAWTHORNE3.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

That's the great part about this place...it's nearly a one stop shop for all bikeaholics. :wink:

This is a 50's Schwinn Hornet. I have the horn tank, chaingaurd, rechromed crank, sprocket, handlebars, and new rims for it. I going to restore it one of these days. I also have the B-6 completely taken apart at my dad's shop as waiting on restoration. I don't have any digital pics of it. I also a couple of late 50's early 60's Western Flyers over there also.

SCHWINN1.jpg

SCHWINN2.jpg

SCHWINN4.jpg

SCHWINN3.jpg

Thanks guys, I plan on spending a lot of time here!

I like that Pilot. I have a bike with the same markings on the fenders, but I assumed it was a Roadmaster because I saw another
with like trim. Was this trim package common with C.W.C. bikes?

RoadmasterParts065_zpsbade6bf8.jpg

RoadmasterParts006_zps4ab1135c.jpg

RoadmasterParts022_zpsb0040af0.jpg

How about that red barn paint?

Back