New member from Grand Rapids, MI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everybody. I've been checking out the site for a little while and got a lot of inspiration from you guys.
I have 5 or 6 bikes in my garage much to my wife's dismay :lol: here's my newest little project. i just threw everything together to see what it's gonna look like.
v3es91.jpg

2eg6ulv.jpg

I was gonna do the flat black thing with slime green wheels but i kinda like the sanded gold. :D
gotta put a matching white wall tire on the back and probably gonna change the 25" ape hangers for 15inchers.

Welcome from 45 minutes south... :)

Welcome pickle. That gold looks good, but so would f. black and lime. The main thing is, it now has some of your personality! :D

i would leave it, but get shorter apes, and a seat an grips to match. welcome to the forum btw! glad to hear theres another victim... er, member right here in good ole' Michigan. :wink:

whats wrong with this picture, a guy named stretch saying the apes are to high??? just sayin :roll:

ha, i get it. is an oxymoron of sorts. i think those tall apes do look cool, they're just not exactly practical. maybe if they were about... 2-3 inches shorter they'd be perfect. :mrgreen:

oh boy looks like ya might have to raise the seat alittle to reach those grips :lol:

welcome to the site thats out of sight !

thanks everybody. i kinda liked the bars at first but they are a little too much. they dont feel real sturdy. maybe if they were 5 inches or so shorter :D .
i'm gonna sell these then get some 15 inchers. i have some time still seeing how it snowed here yesterday. michigan :roll:

Hey dude, what's up? I'm from Grand Rapids too, on the Northwest side in a little town called Marne. :lol: Nice to see another local member. :mrgreen:

stretch said:
i think those tall apes do look cool, they're just not exactly practical.

I'm rockin those same bars on my daily rider, and love them. very comfortable at least for me.

and welcome. :D

schwinnmesa said:
Hey dude, what's up? I'm from Grand Rapids too, on the Northwest side in a little town called Marne. :lol: Nice to see another local member. :mrgreen:
i've been through Marne before, took 2 seconds :lol: just teasing. good to see west michigan people on here.

kingofpainftw said:
stretch said:
i think those tall apes do look cool, they're just not exactly practical.

I'm rockin those same bars on my daily rider, and love them. very comfortable at least for me.

and welcome. :D

thanks. i might cruise it with those for a little while

pickle said:
schwinnmesa said:
i've been through Marne before, took 2 seconds :lol: just teasing. good to see west michigan people on here.

lol, make sure you don't blink going through the town or else you'll miss it all! :wink:

Back